Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Back from My Hunt...

Old 09-13-2005, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Back from My Hunt...

Well I have spent the last couple of weeks in Idaho On my Elk hunt. I sure had a great time. And sadly I came back to Washington with no elk meat. However, I did sadly loose a great 6x6. I had him at 25 yds.. Broadside.. I shot him and never saw him again. I looked for two days straight after that. I haven't been the same since. The worst part about it is.. I don't know what happened. I saw my arrow go all the way to the fletchings and even saw blood come out his side. I am just so sorry for that beautiful animal. I am sure that someone else took himthough. Because the next day there was 15 people where I had been hunting all week with just my dad. I did come home with meat though! I shot a huge doe. didn't have the camera on me though.. I took her to the butcher and her hanging weight was 110 lbs. That's without headn legs as well as hide and guts. And the memories with my dad made it all worth it. But, I thought I would share a pic or two of the country I was in!
Old 09-13-2005, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Back from My Hunt...

maybe not, it says my file is to large
Old 09-13-2005, 03:26 PM

I feel your pain, it's been close to 10 years now and i still lose sleep over it. It will be like an old injury that's never right the rest of your life
Old 09-13-2005, 04:26 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry about the loss. You'll kick yourself for awhile. That just shows your respect for the animal, but hopefully you'll move on. Nothing goes to waste in the wild. "my file is to large" may mean you need to resize your pics to a smaller size. 400x600 pixels or so is often a good size. If you can up load them to photobucket, it has a resize feature. Otherwise you can do it with paint or a similar program.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

It takes alot of man just to admit that! I feel for youit just happens sometimes even when you perpare for everything all you can do is get back on that horse.

Shane
Old 09-13-2005, 09:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

You made an honest effort to recover the bull which is all that anyone could reasonably expect.These things happen reguardless of how much you practise or prepare.You have to put it behind you and move on.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:13 PM

Iam sorry yo hear about the elk but at the same time congrats on the HUGE doe.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, It will be hard to get back on the horse! I am going out this weekend in Washington. Maybe I can redeem myself! Anyways, I think I got a way for you all to see a couple pics of the area!
http://www.hunt101.com/showgallery.php?ppuser=30438&cat=500
Old 09-14-2005, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

Those are some nice photos!! Where in Idaho were you? You don't have to be specific.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:08 PM

hey i know your pain first week of archery season here in Colorado i missed a decent 6 point and havent seen an elk since lol ohh well one more weekend

Quick Reply: Back from My Hunt...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.