Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Elk Hunting advice needed for soldier

Old 09-09-2005, 05:42 AM

Default Elk Hunting advice needed for soldier

Hey everyone, I am currently spending a little time in sunny northern Iraq, in what CNN calls the most dangerous city(nice huh?) I am stationed at Ft Carson but never got to elk hunt, due to Iraq. I will be home this yearfor2 weeksNovember, and would like to do a lil scouting. I should be able to hunt, and was wondering what a good area not to far from Colorado springs(150miles or so) that has over the counter tags, cuz I am not sure if I will be home in time to get in a drawing. Of course I want a bull, but would gladly take a cow... And of course the most enjoymen is just from hunting... Thanks for your time....
Old 09-09-2005, 08:59 AM

Default RE: Elk Hunting advice needed for soldier

ok well the only tags you can but over the counter is a bull and the hunting seasons changed by a weed ahead so now third season is nov.5-11 and fourth is the 16-20 so hopefully you make it and thanks for serving our country, unfortuantly i am not formiluar with t=southern colorado hunting i am more formiluar with the northern part