Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Hunting Checklist!

Old 08-26-2005, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Checklist!

Jas, I just got a garmin E-trex Legend last month from garmins homepage sight. It wasn't the cheapest one or the most expensive, kinda middle price range. I got it for $149.00 as opposed to paying $169.00 from cabelas.
I'm still in the process of figuring it out. With this one you can down load stuff off it and put it on your computer but I hav'ent gotten that good with it yet. They have a VHS vidio avaliable for 10 bucks which is well worth the investment. Good luck.

Bobby
Old 08-26-2005, 10:45 AM

"MAGNUM" arrows...don't leave home without 'em
Old 08-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Fork Horn

You might want to do a little trick I picked-up while scuba diving. I had a list of what to bring to the dive because I forgot something one time. I also started checking off the same list before I left the dive site after I left my weights on the beach one time. I never left anything at home or at the dive site after that.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:08 PM

ORIGINAL: idahoelkinstructor
GPS - Do you have arecommendation for one that is not too expensive?
My friend teaches GPS classes, and he carries a small Garmin that you can get for $100.00. What you get for more money is more toys (highway maps, databases, etc), not better satellite reading quality. If you carry a map and simply use a GPS to locate yourself on it, they're all "good", according to my expert friend.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:13 PM

Since I'm a novice I can't help you with the checklist but I can thank you for it. I kept it.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bobby, thanks for the info on the GPS the one you have is the type I am looking for. (I think?)If I stumble into a good wallow I want to be able to mark in on my GPS then once the season is done I can download the info onto my home PC and have the info ready for another trip or season. As far as renting me for a week well then what week do you need me? I hope your season goes well.

handloader1, thanks for your input, I plan on taking some of what you suggested but just haven't put them on the list yet. I like making a list every year and them I don't cross it off until it goes into my truck or camper. Thanks again and good luck with your hunts this year.

Jay you should switch from the dark side of the force/rifle hunting and try archery hunting and come to know the light! (just kidding well sort of,,,,[:-][8D]) Also you should know by now that theonly thing a Magnum arrow is good for is grouse. And then its only good it you hit it in the head!