Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Elk in unit 54 Colorado

Old 08-19-2005, 10:14 PM

Default Elk in unit 54 Colorado

Does anyone know anything about unit 54, middle beaver creek, off of steers gulch rd just nw of Gunnison Colorado? I am leaving KY tuesday of next week for the first two weeks of archery season. I understand that there are several elk there, just not alot of trophy size.I have a camera crew meeting me there for this hunt, and it is my first elk hunt,so I really would like to know as much as possible about the area if anyone could help me out I would greatly apprieciate any info.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:21 PM

Default RE: Elk in unit 54 Colorado

Sorry, I don't know anything about area 54, I am going into unit 62 myself. Never been in this unit either. I am leaving WV on Sept. 16 for the last week of archery season. They should be screaming their heads off by then. I can hardly wait.
Good luck on your hunt, and hope the camera crew gets a lot of good footage. Would love to see a picture of whatever you kill.