Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

hunting different states

Old 08-18-2005, 03:29 PM

Default RE: hunting different states

I started this as a joke, but, do the math, 1.7 billion minus 200 million doesn't figure your theroy that non-res tags support our state! i never said Tourism wasn't benificial to the state, but they don't come in here like they own the place. And if the FWP didn't have to cater to the non-res, it wouldn't need such a large budget. I'm done here, you see it your way, I see it mine. Remember, I LIVE HERE, you don't.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:47 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: traprdave

I started this as a joke, but, do the math, 1.7 billion minus 200 million doesn't figure your theroy that non-res tags support our state! i never said Tourism wasn't benificial to the state, but they don't come in here like they own the place. And if the FWP didn't have to cater to the non-res, it wouldn't need such a large budget. I'm done here, you see it your way, I see it mine. Remember, I LIVE HERE, you don't.
Well good for you! I go by the lawsof your state not your feelings or opinions.
Appeal to your State not us and see how far you get?
Old 08-18-2005, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I'm gonna jump in here,but first off I have nothing against out-of state hunter(well some,and some yocall locals too.).

If Montana would close it's borders tohunters to out of State hunting,well YEAH!!! more for me to hunt right?
BUT!!!!!! lets look at the long run Mr. Trapper Dave.
Befor long everyone that want's to hunt out a state will be moving here,land prices go up even more,food,housing,taxes and on and on now we have a cost of living increases(not good,coming from a guy who only makes 35k a year and has 4 kids to raise)not counting the depletion of the game animals since the increase of pepole.You will be lucky to draw a antelope tag for the 700 reigon once that happens.
BUT!!!! one good thing might come about the ecomomy might get a good boost when all the BIG corporations see that all their workers are leaving the big city for the western-mid west states and create more jobs(At leastI will get more out of my 40K college degree).

I will settle for sharing what we have and be happy,you thinks it's crowded now wait 10 yrs,boy oh boy now we are talking some numbers on the Breaks.
Sorry but it's the truth,and this is coming from a NATIVE Montanan(moms grandparents settled one of the first ranches in Montana in the 1800's)
Let's all argue about something elese,hunting seson is almost here let's down grade the 270 some more and lets talk about what is your favorite man made elk call!!!!
BareBack Jack OVER and out 10-4 good buddies.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Dominant Buck

10-4 Partner!
Old 08-18-2005, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry that should be Great-Great Grandparents,I always new my mom butnot that old.
BBJ
Old 08-18-2005, 07:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Hunter06FlKy

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Good posting, Shato!
yeah that's a big10-4

Another big 10-4 - Field and Stream had an awesome article earlier in the year talking about how non-residents fund alot of the programs in the western states. Without them these programs wouldn't exist. Take Wyoming for example. I think residents make up $1 million of revenue and non-res $13 million (just hunting and fishing fees/licenses, etc.) All of that money goes right back into the G&F budget. Without that much revenue, programs like Access Yes, landowner free walk through programs, wildlife habitat programs,hunter awareness,cheap hunter education of our kidsand many more wouldn't exist.

The bottomline is just because you live across the stateline from another state doesn't make you a jerk, bad hunter or "in the way". Bad hunters, unethical, lazy and jerks shouldn't be labeled by their residency of a certain state, but by their actions! Plus, non-res fees allow programs to exist that benefit us all.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:50 PM

I to live in the SE, and to some day hope to go out west to hunt. It doesn't bother me when out of state hunters come to the state in which I reside. Last I checked they call this place United States we should all be able to reap the benefits of hunting any where we like.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:39 PM

ORIGINAL: 320BULL

I still dont get how states can govern federal land anyway.
Thats just it,,the states are managing the animals not the land,,Forest Service and BLM manage the land. I can go hiking and camping ON the land all I want for free or next to free. Those activities have nothing to do with harvesting game.

I've said it before if I go camping or hiking i use a resource but when I leave the resource is still there for the residents to enjoy. When I kill a game animal I have removed the possibility for the resident to enjoy that resource, so I have to pay the price of my tresspass so to speak.

I just hope that they dont cut me off before I can go and hear an elk bugle in the woods just once.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:22 PM

I'd hate to see states start to exclude non-residents because it wouldn't be just "hunting". It would be fishing to. What if your kid wants to go to college in my state, nope .. residents only. The very thinking goes against everything America stands for. I think they have it right, they do prioritize locals, but leave options for out of staters.

What if they maintained highways only with the tax money generated in those states... ugh, you'd never get through a good western hunting state!
Old 08-19-2005, 03:19 PM

Selfishness-shame

Quick Reply: hunting different states

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.