Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Montana's biggest bulls

Old 08-17-2005, 07:00 AM

Default Montana's biggest bulls

What area of Montana hold the biggest bulls? Are there specific areas one should apply for next year and in year's to come?
Old 08-17-2005, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Montana's biggest bulls

There are no big bulls in Montana.You should hunt inNew Mexico, Arizona or Nevada.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

c'mon Wolf,
I saw a big bull last year. It was in Yellowstone Park. Near the northern border. That's technically in MT isn't it?
Old 08-17-2005, 09:29 AM

you need to do some research. Call biologist with the fish and game department for starters. You won't get many people willing to tell you their favorite spots.[:-] You can get them to help you with information on specific areas etc though. Your best bets in my mind are in the southwest corner of the state just north of yellowstone, or the west border between idaho. I know that is very general but its as far as I'm willing to go.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think that Chuck Adams would have to disagree!
Old 08-17-2005, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like Gardiner and the Breaks.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:23 PM
Typical Buck

Go Remote. The Bob or Selway. The farther back in you go te better the chance of a big boy.
Chuck Adams out of Stevensville took a huge archery bull Elk on some show as the camera panned around you could see Hwy 93 so you can get a nice one if you do some good scouting.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:13 PM

u could just pay a ranch, like adams and shoot one close to the road!
that is always easier!
Old 08-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

You want big bulls in Montana well here you go,one of the most untapped area's in Montana is the Cabinet mountains,big elk,big deer and lots of BIG,BIG Bears.The Sellway-Bitteroot is good also but it's tough hunting with out horses or mules.The Absorka wilderness(MT-WY border)same problems remote and bears.The Great Bear wilderness south of Glacier in to the BoB Marshall.
Any where in Montana that has elk you stand a chance at finding a 380+ bull,hell right here by my house(about 2 miles away)last year someone shot a 374 1/4 bull.I live in the middle of the biggest grain fields you ever saw,mountains are 40 miles away at most.
In the Belt mountains last year I saw 2 340 bulls killed and one 380+(thats offical B&C,P&Y measuements)and these mountains have more pick-up's and motor bikes than I-90 through Billings on a Saturday night.It's all about doing your reaserch,and KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING.Montana holds some great bulls,but not the same consitincy as NM.AZ,UT,NV and British Columbia.They just have big elk.As for the Breaks I have seen just as big bulls in several mountain ranges accross the state,and some places that would blow your mind.
BBJ
Old 08-18-2005, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also Montana Bob I LOVE THE PICTURE!!!!!! reminds me of my own 4 year old.LOL
BBJ

Quick Reply: Montana's biggest bulls

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.