Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Kwik Kamp Wall Tents?

Old 08-07-2005, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Kwik Kamp Wall Tents?

Just wondering if anyone has a Kwik Kamp Outfitter Series wall tent? My father is lookingfor a new wall tent. He has looked at Reliable, Montana Canvas & Salem tents.He likes the Montana canvas tent the best out of the three.
The Kwik Kamp tent caught my eye because if you order a 16'x20'x5'-walls? That is what you get. You get a tent when set up will measure 16'x20'x5', Not smaller.Like every other tent I have looked at.
Any pro's or con's to the Kwik Kamp or Montana canvas tent?

P.S. No one carries Davis tents in our local shopping area. He would rather see & feel the tent before he buys one, so Davis is out.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Kwik Kamp Wall Tents?

Wolf, I was drooling with envey when I just saw that in the Cabelas Master Catolog, Sometimes I just get tired of waking up sleeping on the ground all wet from the cloud that just happens to hate me. But I also pack very light also.
Get it.
Bobby
Old 08-08-2005, 07:02 PM

I have two Montana Canvas tents that are both over 10 years old and can higly recommend them. Both tents get very heavy use (over 3 months every year). The only repairs needed were caused by bears and one burn hole from a client leaving a coleman lantern too close to the door. I cant say anything about the others mentioned as Ive never used them.
Elkfitter
Old 08-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Typical Buck

I've had several wall tents as well. All were Montana wall-tents! We still use two right now a 16x20 & a 12x14 both have the kwik camp set-up!! I wouldn't have it any other way, they are fast to set-up and well worth the money!! Our oldest one is 15 years old, with no serious problems. Just never put them away wet! They will mildew!!

We also cover them with a blue tarp when used, it really helps against down-pours & snow slides off to some extent!--Good Luck!!---ElkNut1