Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Things are getting bad guys

Old 07-25-2005, 10:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Things are getting bad guys

I had the day off with pleny of household chores to take care of. I woke up at 3:00 amafter having a preseason elk dream and couldn't get back to sleep. So the best way to cure my ailment was to get out of bed and go to the mountain. Yep, I caved. I was at the trailhead armed with binos and a camera before daylight. I found plenty of sign around and smelled them a few times while walking 10 miles on a ridge that runs off the mountain. The air was cool and I was underdressed with shorts and a long t-shirt. That cool air of the high country sure felt good. I was back at the house by one or so and got a nice afternoon nap. I beleive that the little excursion was just what the doctor ordered. I was so excited that I had to go to the archery shop and get a couple of packages of Razorcps. I am glad to say that I am ready now...................
Old 07-26-2005, 12:07 AM

Default RE: Things are getting bad guys

Ahhh.. it's sooo nice to know I'm not alone! I have a HUGE LE entry Utah Archery Elk tag this year (plus my Idaho elk tag) and I'll I can do is eat, sleep and dream of Elk. I'm jealous that you got out. I get to hit my unit this weekend for a couple of days of scouting. I'm sooo excited and it's just to scout! Nice knowing I'm not the only elk bowhunting freak not sleeping right now!
Old 07-26-2005, 06:52 PM

No fair guys. I live in WV. Way too far to do any preseason scouting, but I do LOVE to BOWHUNT for ELK. Ihave been to CO almost every year since 1992. I am soooooooo eager to get back to the elk woods that I can't hardly wait. I am going to go to a unit that I have never been to and would really love to scout a little beforehand. However, I will still cherish every second I can get while I am there. Glad to see others that really love to bowhunt for elk as much as I do too.
I know that the elk will be screaming back and forth just the way I like to hear them, Loud and Close.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:47 AM

Headed out this weekend for some preseason elk scouting, going to scout some unfamiliar drainages that only a wild man would go in, i think it will be a kick in the butt, can't wait...RobinHood36>>>=============<&gt ;