Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Archery shops in Idaho Falls???

Old 07-19-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Archery shops in Idaho Falls???

Does anyone know of a good archery shop around Idaho Falls? I'd like to find somewhere to shoot a couple different bows for comparison. Has anyone shot the new Switchback? That's the one I'm leaning towards the most. If you have a name and phone number of a good place to go shoot a Matthews bow, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-19-2005, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Archery shops in Idaho Falls???

I don't know anyone around ID Falls,but I have a new SB.
I've had it since February,very,very nice bow.So nice after my brother-in-law shot mine he bought one also.
I was shooting again last night and evrey time I press the re-lease trigger and that arrow flies I can't belive how smooth it shoots.
Mine is quiet,balance is great and it is very accurate.
You might wanna get on the Mathew's web site and look up a dealer in your area and give thema call.
BBJ
Old 07-19-2005, 01:04 PM

Jack,

I'm not from Idaho so I can't help you on the archery shop question. I can try to help you in your decision based on my own opinions and experiences. So heres some unsolicited opinions:

Mathews makes a good bow but they are expensive.
Hoyt makes a good bow for a little less money but still expensive.
Bear makes a very good bow for even less money.

I've shot all these bows plus many more. For the money Bear/jennings is the best value. That being said a Hoyt is hanging in my closet. When I shot my bow I simply couldn't bring myself to buy anything else.

Short bows are all the rage these days, though I still prefer a longer bow. I prefer a bow with at least a 40 inch axle to axle length, and a brace heighth of around 7.5 inches (shorter is faster but longer is more forgiving). This makes for a very smooth forgiving bow.

Speed is over-rated if it comes at the cost of accuracy and smoothness. Find a bow in the middle ground; one that is fairly fast, with a forgiving brace heighth, a smooth draw and release, and is well balanced. A bow with all these characteristics is a winner regardless of the name on the limbs. It may very well be that said bow is a mathews or it may be a jennings. Best of Luck.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

Yellowstone Archery 4367 E Sundance Cir Idaho Falls, ID 83406 Find us on a map (208) 552-1805 (I believe Dee Wilde owns and runs this shop)

Dave's Archery, 2070 West Broadway, Idaho Falls, ID, 83402

Down Wind Archery, 7323 East Rirei Hwy, Idaho Falls, ID, 83401 This is an excellant shop with great service and a nice indoor range.

Sportsman's Warehouse

Idaho Falls, Idaho 83404 (208)542- 9800 Hampton Inn 2500 Channing Way
Old 07-19-2005, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually, Dee Wilde doesn't own the shop anymore. He soldthe shop to Tom Theil. It's called Archery Idaho, the phone # is 524-0161. It's in the same location, on Yellowstone Ave. That is the place that I would recommend. We have done business with Dee for years and since Tom has taken over the quality of product and service meets the expectation. Tom has the dealer's license for the Switchback. If I remember correctly, he is the only one in IF with the Mathews dealership. The only other shop that I would recommend here is Dave's. His phone # is 522-3446. He is a very honest and up front dealer. He makes his own bowstrings to sell and they are top of the line. Send me a PM if you need more info. I'll be glad to give you my phone # and my hubby or I can try to help.