Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Dang! Processing getting expensive.

Old 07-18-2005, 11:01 AM

Default RE: Dang! Processing getting expensive.

Tell ya what,
If you kill one take it to the processor and I'll pay the bill in exchange for the meat. Seriously though, It may seem high but the meat is worth it.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a little pricey,is that just straight cut no specialties(jerky,salami,ect...).
Whereare you hunting(Town) shop around some call the local grocerie store,sport's shops see if there anyothers.
Around here it's abot .45cents a/lb so 300/lds would be $120.00.I cut mine up cause I have the abilty to hunt instate and do my own.Alot of places charge more for elk cause they change set ups, they do deer first and elk second.

As for donating TXHunter,I would gladdly take you up on that offer(Even if donating you are still required to pay for prossecing).I don't buy a stich of beef,I buy 1/2 a hog every fall and about 20 chikens from a local farmer,and the rest is ALL wild game.Make my own breakfast sausage,jerky,and all my own cutts.I roll my own roasts and grind all my own burger.I have a old hand grinder mounted to a old washing machine motor,set the timer on 80 minutes push start and grind away.
shopp around best of luck.
BBJ
Old 07-18-2005, 09:58 PM
Fork Horn

In the area of CO where I hunt, it is about 75$ for deer and 110 for elk...I think. I butcher my own...quarter it for the trip to where we live (I try hard not to call CA home) then clear some counter space for packaging.

Darn lucky my wife understands messy counters.