Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Well its time for me to get serious!

Old 07-12-2005, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Well its time for me to get serious!

Corey, and Paul thanks for the kind words. I will be in contact with both of you soon. Corey all I can say is wow you hit the nail on the head, you right about the croud, also about half of the competitors came up to me and told me they looked foward to seeing me up on stage the next day. I will not let this stop me I know I am still new to comptition but I can say I honestly love it. I was nervos but once on stage I feel like its SHOWTIME and I know this is weird but I sure like that feeling. Not saying I love it moe than calling in the real judge in septemberbut because elk calling is all about elk, well I love it and yes Paul your right that I have the desire to continue on and be one of the best, I admit that its my dream to win in the mens division. Then maybe someone will think I am good enough to go pro and sponsor me so I can have a chance to compete on that level as well. Well I got to run, oh Paul I got your package in the mail yesterday and thanks it means a lot. Take care Jason
Old 07-12-2005, 11:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jason, it was nice talking with you. I look foward to seeing you and your friend in Stanley. That weekend is always a blast, see you there.

Paul, can we count on you for a beer at the campfire???????????????
Old 07-13-2005, 06:50 AM
Typical Buck

Elkcrazy8---Not sure, if I do, how can I get a hold of you????--------Paul
Old 07-13-2005, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Paul, I will be camped on the road that goes from the main highway to bear valley. It is also the way to cape horn. I will also be at the bugling contest just before dark at the registration area friday night. There will be a sign with my last name at the turn off road. As you are coming from Lowman, the road will be on the left just as you hit the flats that go by the shoot site and into Stanley. I will keep one cold just in case (-:
Old 07-13-2005, 08:35 PM

It's good to see everyone still hanging around here.
Jason,
Sorry I haven't been on here for a while. Things a little hectic right now. You know where I stand on this matter because of the conversation we had on the phone the other morning. Keep moving forward. I do consider you a friend and you are welcome to call me anytime. As long as it isn't 11:45 at night again. Just joking. This post should show you how much support and how many friends you have on this site. If there is anything I can do to help just let me know.

Corey,
Can you help me with info also?

elkaholicid
Michael
Old 07-13-2005, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Micheal, we haven't had that beer yet!!!! Are you possibly going to Stanley this weekend?
Old 07-14-2005, 07:23 PM

Hey Chad,
I sent you my number but you haven't called yet for the beer. I will be in Salem, Or this weekend at the Sportsman's Warehouse for a couple of seminars and a calling contest. I wish I could be with all of you in the mountains. Try not to have too much fun without me.

elkaholicid
Michael
Old 07-14-2005, 07:59 PM

Jason. U may have not won or placed in the top 5 and I have only spoken to U once but somebody that goes out of their way and phones somebody they have never met and long distance just to help is a WINNER in my books. I have been busy guiding on the river so havn't had a chance to phone Paul (yet) but will as I have a friend headed to Idaho the end of this month for a wedding and I am hoping he will be able to get me some of those tapes of Paul's.

Thanks again for the info.

Jim.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Canuch-eh, thank you but I realy didn't do much, I will talk toanyone who wants to talk about elk hunting! I am getting ready to head to Stanly in about 1/2 hour so good luck to all.

Michael, good luck in Salem, I'll be cheering for you.

Chad I'll see you tonight!

Jason
Old 07-15-2005, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Theabove post was me I just forgot to log in under my name. Oh well kind of funny.

Quick Reply: Well its time for me to get serious!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.