Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Pics of your favorite Elk hunting spots.

Old 08-16-2008, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Pics of your favorite Elk hunting spots.

Nice pic Smithbros.1 I know right where that camp site is I will keep it at that . We walk alot of the same ground I even think I have seen your trucks out there the same time we are out there . Well good luck to ya and your group looks to be good year hope all of ya fill your tags!

Shane
Old 08-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Spike

Nice looking ground to hunt, great picture. I would like to go to Canada, or New Foundland in the next couple of years to go Moose hunting with my brothers and a couple of friends of ours.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:59 PM

This is a picture of our hunting area in Colorado near Morapos Creek. We always do well in this area, struggled to find them last time we were there but we hunted hard and walked a lot of miles until we finally found what we were looking for.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:03 PM

Here are the results of never quitting and keeping your eye on the prize. Hey, when you do it for food, there lies a whole new motivation inside you that keeps you on the trail. Even my son hunted hard his first trip. He has not stopped talking about it since. Get those boys out there in the woods as young as you can so you aren't huntingTHEM on the streets when they are older.

Old 08-17-2008, 04:44 AM

Snowy Range in S.E. Wyoming. Near Keystone.

Newbie at posting pic's.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:15 AM
Spike

Nice looking area. I hunted Gunnison, CO last fall, and going back for the 1st. of Nov. hunt again this fall. No luck, there wasn't any snow and they had been pushed up high with all the hunting pressure from the other early seasons. Starting to get excited about going back again. Hopefully better luck this year. We hunted hard also, just couldn't find them. There was a lot of hunters in there, and some other guys from home were there too, they got so bummed they left early because we weren't seeing anything. We were making still hunt drives trying to find them also.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:59 AM
Spike

Hey Superduty did you use a meat saw to cut that down the middle? I read on one of these posts how someone uses 2 hatchets to do that. Nice cut so I am assuming you did use a saw. Looks warm in that picture. That is a nice photo with your son. I wish I could take my son on something like that. I have to get my son out more this fall whitetail hunting with me. He is 11. I couldn't take him out west right now, to much for him. He has asthma and I just wouldnt want to take a chance on getting him way out there and start having trouble.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:05 PM

To be honest I don't believe that was even cut, but we do use a bone saw for a lot of it. We just boned themall out up there after hanging during the day and undera tarpwith snow on top at night for a couple days. I was a little worried about my some being able to handle it up there but that kid was running circles around us. We would stop for a rest and he would run around us tackling snow and bushes. We got a kick out of that. I wouldn't even hesitate to take him again at that same age knowing how what I know now. I have another one that's 2 right now, he will be going at that age you can bet on it. This was also the first real time he has visited his grandpa, I'm in the Marine Corps and don't really go home at all so that was extra special for me and my dad to share that experience.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:08 PM

Here is a picture of my son trying to wake my dad up by tickling his mustache. Didn't work too well.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:08 PM

And here is one of our rag tag group.

Quick Reply: Pics of your favorite Elk hunting spots.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.