Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Judge throws out Minnesota Lawsuit

Old 06-10-2005, 04:20 PM

Default RE: Judge throws out Minnesota Lawsuit

I see the same old arguements are coming from those who didn't like the way the election turned out. You can whine all you want but by far the majority of both democrats and republicans feel that game regulation is completely within the purvue of each state regardless of whether it is federal, private or state land. You can use fed land just like I can but you can't take animals just because you want to. People who are passionate about hunting are around 5% of the population, 90% don't care and 5% hate hunting. All the whining in the world is not going to get your way. That said I hope we don't see ridiculous increases in tag costs as a result of this USO, CF garbage.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Judge throws out Minnesota Lawsuit

Nemont, your comment about Montana not limiting upland kind of hit the nail on the head with what I was trying to say. I know that when I go out of state to hunt I'm going to pay more...that's a fact and I should because I don't live there nor should I have the same rights as residents. I just kind of urked me that they were giving me a shortened season on top of paying more. If I look at the big picture though, I guess that doesn't matter either as I'll be lucky to spend 10 days hunting pheasants in North Dakota as I have too many other hunts planned in MN and other destinations already. Guess I just saw it as the start of limitations that often become more restrictive as time goes on. I do appreciate the opportunity to hunt Montana as you've got a great state and any other state for that matter. Hope to get back there next year for Mulies as I didn't get drawn this fall and I met some good people there too.