Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

SCOPE

Old 06-07-2005, 11:32 AM

Default SCOPE

I was bidding on some scopes on ebay and came across a Fujinon 3x9x42 never heard of them before. I wind up winning the item( $ 145.00), and trying to find out anything about them, the few that were for sale had little write ups on them-- how great they are for the price. I recieved the scope last night and it doesnt look bad for the money.

Any info is appreciated

THANKS
Old 06-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SCOPE

Mako,
I have one,I picked up at pawn shop for 30 bucks.As you can tell by the name it is a Japanese brand/or made.Mine has worked well,it's on my 30-06,first on a 6mm.I zeroed it it about 5 years ago and it ahs never been off.
It is a older one,with a steel tube but it works.
BBJ
Old 06-07-2005, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: SCOPE

Fujinon is known for making high quality optics. I have a pair of their 10x70mm binoculars and they are excellent. I bought them for amateur astronomy. They are too heavy and bulky for hunting, except for pronghorn antelope hunting where you sit on a hill glassing and leave them when you go on a stalk, maybe with your hunting partner.

Anyway, good optics. A hunting scope, however, must be more than good optics. Have to have repeatable zero and stand-up to shock of recoil. It seems BareBack Jack has had good luck with his Fujinon hunting scope. Sounds like you probably got a good deal.