Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Big game contest update - - -

Old 06-07-2005, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Big game contest update - - -

Ok, so we want a big game hunting contest. We want a category for antlered or horned animals and those without (or what the legal definition is in your state for males/females essentially).

So for the Antlered or horned game, will it be by B&C score, or by meat weight? Or a combination of both?

Female will be by meat weight (cut and wrapped weight - not estimated live weight!

Teams - How many people per team? I am thinking about 5 per team. For whitetailed deer, teams will be evenly split across the country to try and make the weights equal out, figuring on that everyone will actually tag out on antlerless deer.

So we have a category for WT Deer (ant and antless), Mule Deer (ant and antless), elk (same), antelope (same), moose, sheep, and black bear.

I know that some seasons start as early as August 6th - here in Nevada anyway, so make the deadline to sign up for the species you will hunt July 31st. I think most people will know what they will hunt by then.

This will all be on the honor system. Post a pic of your kill, and the score (or weight), date taken, general area, and state, and your name.

Only 1 entry per person!! Your first kill that you post. And pics cannot be posted before the earliest date in the state you hunt that there is a hunt available for that species - to prevent using pics from previsous years

Sound good? So all we need is a vote on how to score the antlered game.

And any other suggestions or changes you think would need to be done.

And if we can have a MOD stick this in the top bracket PPPPLLLLLEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEEEE!!!

After about a week, I will post the official rules (that we come up with here) and the sign up for teams.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Big game contest update - - -

I think that antlered game be the B&C score added to the weight of packaged meat. JMO...
Old 06-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Big game contest update - - -

That's kinda what I was thinking too.