Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

I got my high country mule deer rifle tag - Unit 43

Old 05-31-2005, 09:41 PM

Default I got my high country mule deer rifle tag - Unit 43

HOT DAMN !

I'm using the services of Deerking - AntlerQuest - and its the first time I've done something like that. Bascially a scotuing service that helps me narrow down the "where" to go hunt in unit 43 high country. He urged me to draw a late season tag, but I love the Rockies in September and wanted that experience more than anything else.

Solo backpack hunt, maybe 8 miles from the trailhead, high elevation, probably will backpack in but might use llamas .......... going to be a heck of a trohpy mule deer hunt for me this fall. I aint hunted with a rifle in over 10 years !
Old 05-31-2005, 10:42 PM

Default RE: I got my high country mule deer rifle tag - Unit 43

glad to here u got a tag! shoot a nice one!

enjoy the big mtns. and make sure to purify your water!

hunt hard and safe, bring back a nice cape and rack!
Old 05-31-2005, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck!!
Old 06-01-2005, 10:46 AM

Unit 43 in what state?

Sounds like a true adventure! Be safe, be smart, shoot straight, and bring back pictures.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:27 AM
Fork Horn

hey data,
what optics did you end up deciding on?
Old 06-01-2005, 04:12 PM

huntnmuleys - I got a Leupold spotting scope .......... undecided on bino's yet.I have a small set of 10x30's (Leupold) compacts that might suffice
Old 06-01-2005, 09:38 PM

what area are you going in at or yougoing to decide later i tried to do some scouting for hunters and didn't even get any response, good luck tough area
Old 06-01-2005, 09:56 PM

i did to n u better belive that i can't wait to go hnting but mine is for unit/area 27/181 in colorado!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2005, 10:57 PM

I'm using AntlerQuest to help me locate an area to hunt. never done that before .......... but I've waited 8 years to do this kind of hunt and have enlisted his help
Old 06-02-2005, 12:33 AM
Fork Horn

data,
i personally would look to get some better binos, if ya can afford it. there are some pretty good ones that are plenty affordable, check out the pentax dcf, nikons, or maybe even the cabelas alaskan guide models if ya can. i just think you would enjoy one of those in either the 8x40, 10x42 or similar. they just gather light pretty well.

i personally didnt think i would ever pay for expensive optics, but i used my income tax a couple years back on some steiners, and dont regret it in the least. i bet you wouldnt either.

either way, good luck on your hunt. but watch it, that high country gets into your blood in a hurry

Quick Reply: I got my high country mule deer rifle tag - Unit 43

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.