Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Out of respect to everyone but one!

Old 06-01-2005, 09:12 AM

Default RE: The Lord's Real Church!

NO!!!
You aren't meeting with other members of the kingdom. Anything else is just an excuse.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:30 AM

I'm going to respectly disagree. The Greek word for church in the New Testament means the "called out ones". These are the ones that have been called to God from out of the world. Thus the church isn't a place as much as it is a living organism, a group of people that gather together to worship God and use their gifts that God has given them to benefit one another and their "neighbors". I enjoy the great outdoors, and I certainly see the wonder of God in His creation. As the Palms say, "the heavens declare the handiwork of the Lord." But as beautiful as it is, it is still not church.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:31 AM

I must say, that I feel closer to god sitting atop a mountain than I ever have sitting on a pew. Seeing his awesome power in the beauty around me is inspirational.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

I know this much; On Sunday Mornings whether I am hunting ducks, geese, deer, elk, pheasants or grouse, I would rather be outside thinking about church then inside the church thinking about hunting.

Nemont
Old 06-01-2005, 12:31 PM

imho, YES!

Like I pointed out to our friend here in a different thread...

In early monastic establishments, circa 200 - 400 AD, the person would withdraw from human society to live in and wander the wilderness in seeking purity and salvation. The most famous of these early monks was St. Anthony. It is well documented how Jesus would go into the desert for meditation and spiritual cleansing.

Anyway, until the rule of Emperor Constantine, during which he legalized Christianity and built churches throughout the lands... the religous services were often conducted outdoors or in caves and not in urban areas or in buildings.

I have been to the Sistine Chapel, Duomo, Chartres, St. Denis, Notre Dame, the Holy Temple of the Resurrection and many others...

Frankly, while all the buildings are amazing, when all is said and done, for me, absolute faith was found sitting on a mountain top at 11,500' and watching the sun rise...

SA

PS. So how do you thinks this one has worked out for you Randy? I guess you proved me wrong?

PPS. Remember how I said that you are only tolerant of opinions that are the same as yours and that didn't seem very Christian? Funny that you proved me correct by starting a thread for ammo to bash my opinion regarding the outdoors being a place of worship.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well there is two ways to think about this.
For one you are in GODS HOUSE and when you are outdoors you are in GODS GRACES,I have prayed in both,to me it's about beliving and knowing.I don't have to be in a church to show god that he is my savior,HE already knows.

To each their own,if it be in a house of worship,or if it's on a mountain top,it's up to you.

BBJ
Old 06-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

YES---------------------it's a personal thing. Not for others to decide for you.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:21 PM

PPS. Remember how I said that you are only tolerant of opinions that are the same as yours and that didn't seem very Christian? Funny that you proved me correct by starting a thread for ammo to bash my opinion regarding the outdoors being a place of worship.
You nor did I prove anything. I wanted everyones oppinion. It is an excuse to be out hunting instead of in church. Ask any minister. There is nothing wrong with worshiping God in the out doors, but it isn't his sole and only church. Nor is it "the Lords REAL church"! It is an excuse plain and simple to not go. There are far more Christain nonhunters in this world than hunters, and I am sure if you polled them you would see a resounding NO! I know many people who I consider true christians and they never miss church to go hunting.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:22 PM

Like I pointed out to our friend here in a different thread...

Jacko, never use the word friend in any reference to me! You are what is wrong with hunting!
Old 06-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Don't we have a religous forum for this crap?????????????????

Yall are gonna sit here and start personal attacks about something that no one has any proof about either way.[:'(]

Quick Reply: Out of respect to everyone but one!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.