Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

video review..............elknut's vol. #1

Old 05-20-2005, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default video review..............elknut's vol. #1

well, i got the elknut dvd set, and i am through the first video, here's what i found..............

i'm not sure what planet elknut hunts, but i can assure its not earth. there is no way in hell those stupid tactis would work anywhere but behind a high fence. i truly hope nobody else is duped into trying these insepid ideas, which would surely blow any chance they would ever have of killiing any wild elk!!!!!!!!!

okay, okay, im just kidding....had to flip some crap. hope nobody minded my manboy impression.

honestly, that was the best elk information video i have ever seen. i have been in the elk woods both with my father and on my own for about 20 years, and i learned a TON. i cant wait to get into the next dvd. it was cool to see what all of these different sounds meant, and how they were used in different situations. the neat part was watching and listening to what he hd to say regarding these situations, and then looking back at hunts ive been on and how this relates. i can honestly say everything he said in his dvd made perfect sense with what ive seen in the woods. for me, i have been mostly a silent elk hunter through out my hunting career, and i have observed a lot of elk. this video made me understand what went wrong the times i did call.

for any of you that elk hunt or are considering elk hunting, these videos are a MUST SEE!
i cant wait for september to try this on my own. maybe ill have to give up the silent hunting after all.

thanks elknut, that was awesome.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: video review..............elknut's vol. #1

huntnmuleys, had me worried there! At first I thought you had lowered yourself a bit. Good to see it was all in jest! "Whew"
Old 05-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Paul, sit down, take a deep breath and grab a glass of liquid vitamins ,Holy cow!!!!!! after I picked myself up off the floor, I read that you were joking. Wait til Paul reads that one. Pauls tactics do work. I had used several of those tactics before, and by watching Pauls videos, it put the icing on the cake. We used the threats that Paul talks about and called in 11 bulls in one day, and ended up with 2 of them on the ground. It doesn't really matter how well you produce the sounds, just when you produce those sounds.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:38 PM
Typical Buck

Someone give me some air!! Had me going too for a minute. I would recommend Paul's DVD set to anyone that hasn't seen it regardless of how many years you've been hunting elk. The days of the "whistle" bugle calling in elk are over time for new tactics and Paul's are the best I've seen and that includes being compared to the big boys in the business.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not only did I learn a ton from the videos, but he just had a contest on Bowsite and I won about $50-60 worth of calls from him! A hoochie mamma, a primos bull bugler, and a lead cow/calf call. All because I knew that a fish jumped in his first video! Not only that, but he wouldn't even let me pay shipping.

You had me going there for a minute too! As you, I would HIGHLY recommend all of his videos and the CD's for the car too. They are inexpensive and don't waste time with hunting sequences, just give you the sraight skinny. Don't give me wrong, I like hunting videos too, but you get more real info in one of Elknuts videos than 4 of the regular hunting videos.

It biggest thing about his teaching us elk's language, is that it really makes sense and now I know why I screwed up so many times by making the wrong sound. He convinced me that I should master the mouth diaphragm, so I just kept on trying until I figured it out. Between that and the primos hyperlip single, I called some bulls in last year!

thanks Paul/ Elknut
Old 05-20-2005, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

the best thing about bulletin boards on the computer is the poker face when posting stuff like that. if you saw how hard i was laughing while typing that first part, youd have thought i was an idiot. i actually had to walk away from the computer a couple times.

i thought it was funny anyway
Old 05-20-2005, 06:02 PM

nice of u to wait for your camera man to be there! thats o.k. we will see how much u learned when u try to video your hunt by yourself![X(]i hope elknut has a trick for that.... because u are going to need it!

and one more thing, when u call at elk, brad u need to use an elk call....not a turkey call!

good luck buddy!
Old 05-20-2005, 06:19 PM

I had the pleasure of meeting elknut this winter at the Salt Lake expo and purchased his dvd set, I have elk hunted my whole life and the videos put the calling into a whole new perspective for me I cant wait till fall to try out the new sounds and tips that he has on his dvd set they are by far the most informative of anything I have ever watched.CRAIG
Old 05-20-2005, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

First thing I thought was, it was bound to happen!!! Heck you never know what goes throgh hunters minds!!!!

All in All, you gotta apprecieate his explanation!!!! I could just picture him laughing as he's trying to type his humorous thoughts.

I hope all of you are as successful as ElkCrazy8. He's already a helluva hunter!!!

Crazymtn679---It's good to see you're still around!! You seem to show up out of nowhere now & then, kinda like a silent bull trying to catch us napping!!

ElkNut1
Old 05-20-2005, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Real life: not funny.

huntnmuleys: TBS: very funny!

Come on hunting season, I am watching way too much TV.

Quick Reply: video review..............elknut's vol. #1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.