Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

team 19 "Gobbling Thunder"

Old 03-25-2008, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: team 19 check in

Turkey Girl i will talk to Arrow and JW and see what we can do with you, you may still be on our team and you may be placed on a different one
Old 03-25-2008, 03:23 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Hunteen and fellow Team 19 members.......please welcome turkeygirl2

We did not replace anybody but really added all those who asked after teams where drawn.....

Coming in at this time will work well - and if others who signed but never logged in come back to - hey join the fun. We tried to dole out new team members to even out all team rosters. If some of those do come back - my not be on the same team - but will get a team.....

JW

Old 03-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok thank you JW and welcome TurkeyGirl, so tell us a bit about yourself where do you live and hunt, how many birds have you gotten and what is your biggest so far?
Old 03-25-2008, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Landed the property I was looking to hunt. There are birds there so all should be good. I will most likely let my son take his first.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats fine AR im going out saturday but my first priority is it will be my friends first turkey hunt so i want him to get one, im pretty much the guide/caller for him, then i start working for myself and my brother-in-law, but i have a peice of property where it will be me picking out the bird i want, there are a couple multi-beard HUGE birds there so i will be holding out for one of them, unless a monster gobbler walks in front of me like it did last year
Old 03-26-2008, 06:30 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks and I apologize again for being a slacker,lol. Well about myself...I have a Bachelor's degree in outdoor education/camp admin, then went back to school this past fall for a 2 year nursing program, which is why I wasn't on here...it's crazy crazy busy. I've been hunting for almost 10 years, will be this fall. I hunt deer with shotgun and bow, turkeys with shotgun, and smallgame. I have about 10 turkeys to my name, and I'd say I'm even more passionate about hunting them than I am deer...I think part of it is turkeys can play mind games with you,lol. I had about 3-4 years where the turkey population kind of decreased and I was not putting a tag on a bird for those years, then last spring, the ice broke and I put a tag on a nice spring jake and then put my fall tag on a tasty youngster from the spring brood.

My biggest bird....a 20 lb gobbler with 8.5" beard and 1 1/4 inch and 3/4 inch spurs. I've tagged more jakesthan anything, but it's alright, love to eat turkey!Missed a big bird last spring, but hoping he's still around this year. I know a few spots on state land alsowhere there are turkeys thatI need to scout out more. Season starts May 1, but because of school, I miss the first 2 days[]I can't wait though, being in the woods in the spring mornings is like church for me

Good luck everyone, and I'll be more active in here! Keep after those birds and enjoy the whole hunt. I've got to go studybut I'll see if I can post some bird photos in the main forum later.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

i hope DTC sows up with a nice bird! his hunt is up and he should be going back to the lake that used to be MO
Old 03-28-2008, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

well im heading out in the morning, it sounds like my dad is takeing my friend out and going to call for him which means that ill be calling for me and my bro-in-law so what i do is if i get a shot i take it, if he gets a shot he takes it, so theres a chance ill be posting a bird for us tomorrow
Old 03-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck to anyone who's hunting right now! I got my order in yesterday and my new Mossberg is now dressed ina black Butler Creek Ultra padded sling and a black TruGlo 30mm Red Dot. Just got get it sighted in.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i am back, my mom got a nice gobbler and she was the only one who got a bird on place, but im heading out tomorrow so we can hopefully have a score up tomorrow

Quick Reply: team 19 "Gobbling Thunder"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.