Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

TEAM 8 "THE LONGBEARD KILLIN' FREAKS"

Old 05-23-2008, 11:04 AM

Default RE: TEAM 8 "THE LONGBEARD KILLIN' FREAKS"

You guys that are stil goin, keep at it!!

Im with Dan, the fish better watch out!
Old 05-23-2008, 11:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can't wait till September... Those NB Moose better watch out!
Old 05-23-2008, 03:08 PM

I struck out this year guys. sorry I let you down. [&o]
Old 05-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

OKbowhunter20 OOOOHHHH YEAHHHH!! fish'ies beware

Western MA Huntermoose hunting,,,,,im jeleous

GamblinPNo shame as long as you had fun, thats all that matters brotha

Old 05-26-2008, 09:27 AM

Sorry Fellas. I scored a big ZERO this year too. Those birds just kicked my butt this year. Something is not right on the property I hunt. It just seems like all the birds disapeared. I saw them back in March but all through april and here in may they disapeared. It has been a tough season. I have seen just about everything else but turkeys. LOL Oh well, sorry your Captain couldn't pull his own weight fellas.

But my dad and I did see lots of deer yesterday. We had this girl come in to 10yards and visit us.

Then a bit later on we had a group of about 8 come into us, some as close as 10yds again, Including 3 buck one of which had atleast 6inch spikes already. And that location is a place I planned on moving a stand to this summer for archery season. Its a very heavily traveled route to a field. Archery season can't come fast enough. I can't wait to see what that buck looks like come fall.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

O.K. guys, I realize that it looks like we're not going to jump inot first with this, BUT I improved our score enough to jump inot 2nd, I think.
I went back to KS. this weekend with a friend of mine who just last year went with me and got to kill his first twoturkeys ever. We'll he got two more this weekend, and I got my 2nd KS. bird as well. He got both of his with his shotgun, one of them was a spot and stalk, and the other was from the double bull this morning, right after I shot one with my bow. Yip, we double on the same stand this morning and got it all on film.
This mornings hunt was kind of wierd. All the hens came into the field was before the toms/jakes arrived. When the boys finally showed up, there were 5 long beards and 3 jakes, altogether. At first, I didn't think I was going to get them pulled in, but I must of finally hit the right note on my mouth reed and one of the toms finally committed to our taxidermy hen decoy. At 8 yards, I whacked him with the bull head and while he was floppin', all the others toms come on the run, and my friend actually missed his first shot, guess they were too close, but he dropped one on his second shot. Both nice birds, but mine had the edge in all departments.
The measurements on mine are: beard-10.25", left s-1.125", right s-1.25", and he weighed right at 19#'s. My figures show a score of 60.75.
What a way to end the season.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:29 PM

PA Hardwoods, absolutely no reason to say sorry. Its been fun being on the same team as all you guys.

Howler, A big congrats on an awesome hunt! That sounds like tons of fun.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks OKbowhunter, I wish I was a better typer 'cause I'd take the time to write a more detailed story of this mornings hunt. It was the best I've ever experienced.
I went and checked and this turkey scores 7.5 more than the first one I got this spring. Not that 2nd is much better than 3rd with no hopeof reaching first, BUT all in all, as a team, we can certainly hold our heads high guys.
I hope everyone got to get out and at least enjoy the sights, sounds, and smells ofmother nature.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice work Howler! Great birds.
No worries PA...It happens to the best of us. A good, fun, healthy season is all we can all ask for.

I am done now... Had a close call Sat.... actually, I have to admit... i whiffed and missed on a very nice Tom on Sat. Came in on a string around 9am. Gave us a great show. I missed at 35 yards! I must have rushed and not settled in on him. Rather humbling...
Oh well...
All I could do was shake my head. My brother in law will rank on me for this one for the rest of the year..

3 birds down this season though... Can't wait to get my full strut mount back on my 21.5lb. Sometime around Sept the taxi said. Then I will be leaving for the moose hunt!
It's been fun guys. We gave it a valiant effort!

Old 05-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice bird Howler!

Quick Reply: TEAM 8 "THE LONGBEARD KILLIN' FREAKS"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.