Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

TEAM 8 "THE LONGBEARD KILLIN' FREAKS"

Old 03-19-2008, 12:38 PM

Default RE: TEAM 8 SIGN IN!!!

Well guys...how long until you can hit the woods??

Only 10 more days for me.Next Saturday is when I start.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:19 PM

UGH!!! You suck!!! Not until April 26th here.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:08 AM
Fork Horn

Well guys I made it back to KY. I'm sorry to say I didn't take a longbeard. I did take a jake though. It wasthe first one I've taken in over 10 years. I just wanted to bring some meat home from Al. and was running out time. We had a great time and had the true southern hospitalityexperince. The people were the nicest bunch of folks we ever met. The group went 3 for 4 on birds with mine being the only jake. The weather was not great the wind blew 20 mph three of the five days. The birds were there they just didn't gobble on the ground. I did work some birds. I had one cominghard at 30 yds in thick stuff just when he got to the opening he seen my strutting decoy and didn't like it. Heputted and turned around and headed straight back the way he came. It was very close to a done deal. I'm not going to register my jake. Ihave alot of turkey hunting left and God willingI will take a couple of gobblers here around home.

Here is apic of my monster

Gobbler number 1

Gobbler number 2

Old 03-20-2008, 04:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice work... sounds like you guys had a good time.

Congrats on the birds!
Nice pics too.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:39 AM

Congrats Bow Tek. Hey a birds a bird. If it comes down to it and you don't get a gobbler to score we will score the Jake and use those points. Hey any points we can get..right? In fact see if you can score him and give me the numbers, if you can't score him then the rules say we count him as 20pts.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:09 AM

Congrats on the birdbow tek!!!!! Thats a great way to start off the season and our team!!
Old 03-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Season starts here last Monday in April.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on some fine birds! My best friend and I have officially decided to hunt ohio this past week and I am pumped! So I'm def getting to hunt 2 states this year, almost as many as the Primos boys. haha
Old 03-21-2008, 04:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm setting a goal for myself this season of 3 long beards minimum!

Old 03-21-2008, 07:09 AM

Well sunday I ventured over to the farm I have permission to hunt and was doing some shed hunting/turkey scouting when I stubled across this.

Looks like something got ahold of one of the turkeys running around the farm. Couldn't really determine what it was though. My guess is coyote or one of the farmers dogs, but im not sure. I do know however a skunk came in to clean up the remains because the area smells like a skunk. I couldn't even take the primary feathers I found because they smelled like a skunk . Oh well. I couldn't determine weather it was a hen or a gobbler, all I found were the thigh bones and the main bones from the body that was it.

But I do have to say it was a decent day in the woods overall, just before this find a couple of hundred yards away a bumped into a flock of about 8 gobblers and jakes and I ran into another larger group later on with a mix of hens and jakes from what I could tell. all in all about 24 birds between the 2 groups. And I managed to run into 6 deer on my jaunt through the woods. One was a very large deer that either could be a pregnant doe or the good sized buck I know is on the farm running around. I didn't get a good look at it because I forgot my binoculars. DUH me.

Quick Reply: TEAM 8 "THE LONGBEARD KILLIN' FREAKS"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.