Community
Archery Gear Bows, sights, rests, releases, quivers, cases, and more! Buy, sell, or trade all of your archery equipment here!

Got some new Stone Mountains for the old Hoyt

Old 09-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Spike

Default Got some new Stone Mountains for the old Hoyt

Had the Flo orange on the 2001 Magnatec since 2005 and just decided to change things up a litlle. that is right. Since 2005 and di nothing but wax and hot wax every other month. Decided to go with Stone mountain Bowstrings for this one. Wanting to try out a few of the other manufacturers and maybe do a review here. Anyhow, ordered up a set of Flo green and black. First thing I did was look at the overall build. Although the end loops are not served, the string serving is very clean and tight.

That was the Buss cable and it called for it to be 41 which it was . Dead on the head

String called for 96.5 and you guessed it. Exactly 96.5. Install was simple. Twisted a little here and let out a round or two there to get it back on the marks. And wham. She is set to go. I marked the cam like normal so I can keep an eye on things. Went out and shot 312 arrows. Had a lot to do so could not fire off more than that. No stretch, no peep rotation, and , no settling.

So, if you are looking for a good set of strings, this is just one of many to consider.
Old Flo orange

New flo Green and black

And for those that wonder if the older bows can still perform as good as the new ones, this was my 30 yard group with no stab.