Community
Archery Gear Bows, sights, rests, releases, quivers, cases, and more! Buy, sell, or trade all of your archery equipment here!

toddler bows

Old 09-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default toddler bows

Does anyone know of an 8 lb. bow, arrows and quiverfor toddlers that we can purchase for our youngest daughter? We were at a bow festival today and saw one being used by a little boy with one. The guy said he had purchased it years ago at the Sportmen's Expo in Harrisburg, PA but has never seen them since. He said he bought it from a dealer that was selling Easton arrows. Please reply with any information you might have. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:34 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: toddler bows

Some folks can make you one. I am getting ready to make a 30" 12lbs at 12" draw osage longbow for my bow.

Kinda like this one
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,6397.0.html

On primitive archer, you can ask around to see if someone can build you one. There is also a guy advertising in the classified traditional section who would build you one I bet.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

Thank you Big Country for your information. It is very helpful.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Ken,

Sounds like you may have solved the issue, but if not we purchased bows for both our kids from Mike at Maddog Traditional Archery. He makes the bows custom in the same design as his adult version, but to fit your kid...completely custom. Each one was $100, but this is NOT a plastic toy bow...My daughter is 6 and has been shooting hers for 3 years now and still prefers it over any of her others (Mathews Genesis and another custom longbow made by some super guys, but she hasn't grown into it yet...). My son is 4 and has only had his for a few months, but he loves it. Great bow to learn with and stay with.

http://www.tradstore.com/mta/order-print.html