Community
Archery Gear Bows, sights, rests, releases, quivers, cases, and more! Buy, sell, or trade all of your archery equipment here!

Price Check on Matthews Switchback Bow

Old 11-27-2007, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Price Check on Matthews Switchback Bow

I'm not really looking for a bow, but am always keeping my eyes open. This would be my first ever bow if I bought it. I saw this add in my local paper.

Does this sound like a good deal for $750?

Matthews Switchback in mint condition. Includes lighted sight, 2 stabilizers, drop away rest, string silencers, limb vibration reducers, release, quiver, 1 dozen carbon arrows, some broadheads and practice points,and a hard case.

Thanks, Nathan
Old 11-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Price Check on Matthews Switchback Bow

You certainly couldn't buy all of that stuff for anywhere close to 750... That being said, there are a lot of unknowns... Mainly type of quality are the the accessories?

If everything is a good fit - I would make them an offer at a little bit lower price....
Old 11-27-2007, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sold mine for 650 with sight,quiver,stabalizer and rest.Payed 749 for my Dren,bow only and gave me a new WB rest since I left mine on the switchback....Then put on sight,quiver,stabalizer and a doz newarrows back to a grand.....and 6 slicks thats another 55 bucks.Put a D-loop on for me free too.
Assembled and smacking arrows at 20yrds easly within a hour........Now I have2 doz arrows for one bow......

I would start at 650 for the works,you can allways go up but you cant go back,the switchback is a fine bow,will last for yrs.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I asked him about the draw length and whether the price was firm or not and got this response.

The current draw length is 30.5, I am 6ft. 4in. It will adjust up to 31 inches and I believe down to 26 inches. I also am throwing in a full sized deer decoy target with replaceable vitals and there are 20 arrows not 12. I am willing to listen to offers but I have an add in thepaper now for 850.00and am beginning to get calls. Total value of all these products new was 1400.00.

I'm 6'3" with long arms so I will probably be right at that draw length although I've never been measured. I'll probably call him this weekend and maybe go take a look. If it doesn't work out it doesn't work out, it doesn't sound like this is the deal of a lifetime or anything.

Thanks for the input. Nathan