Community
Archery Gear Bows, sights, rests, releases, quivers, cases, and more! Buy, sell, or trade all of your archery equipment here!

Hoyt Vectrix or Matthews Switchback

Old 04-14-2007, 09:45 PM

Default Hoyt Vectrix or Matthews Switchback

I am currently shooting a 2003 Hoyt Razortec, with a extreme sight and muzzy drop away. I am looking into getting a new bow and can't deceide what to get. I like Hoyt Vertrixbut would consider a Matthews Switchback or another Matthews. How do these bows compare to my Razortec, I know they are better. I just want to know what I am going to notice. Am I going to notice much of a difference? Thanks for the help guys, I am new to the site.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hoyt Vectrix or Matthews Switchback

When I was in the market for my new bow, I went to the Pro shop and shot each bow I thought I would be interested in. I shot the Vectrix, Drenalin and the Switchback XT. After several shots from each, I chose the one that felt the best in my hands and performed the best for me, The Switchback XT. I have nothing against the others, they were both top of the line excellent bows, and the Vectrix was actually faster than either one of the Mathews I shot. The XT just performed the best for me, and I was breaking nocks after just a few shots. I am not sure how they stack up to your RazorTech. It may shoot better for you that one of the new one's! Just shoot several, and make your best decision from there.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:53 AM

i had a razortec and i loved it. it was light, fast and small enough to stalk through the woods. i decided to sell it and got a vtec. the vtec was a little heavier, bigger, and the speed was not there. i then got a vectrix and i love it. shots smooth and fast enough for me. you the best thing is to go toa pro shop and shot each bow and see what you fits best for you. i really like hoyt bows and i will stick with hoyt until they do me wrong. if money is not an issue then hoyt, matthews and bowtech are the bows to shoot and buy the one that fits you the best.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

The vectrix by far...I have shot both and have to say the vectrix is a better feeling and lighter bow than the mathews, but that is my personal opinion...every one is different
Old 05-20-2007, 01:20 PM

I just got a vertex yesterday (SWEEEEET BOW) I had a switchback and loved it. Still don't know why I sold It. And I just got rid of a 07 bowtec ally. Shoot great real great matter of fact BUT you had to pull your guts out to shoot it. The hoyt is SMOOTH I mean real SMOOOOTH And fast! Between the hoyt and the mathews flip a coin they are both nice and you can't go wrong.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:04 PM

There is no way I would give upmy Vectrix for a Mathews Hoyt all the way........................
Old 05-27-2007, 11:20 PM

I LOVE MY SWITCHBACK XT, VERY SWEET BOW!!!
Old 05-28-2007, 08:28 AM

It is all about how the bow feels to YOU and nobody else.

I shot the Vectrix. It has been quite some time since I shot a bow that felt that awful in my hand. After 6 arrows, I gladly put that one back on the rack for some other poor customer to try.

I'll stick with my 2006 SBXT. It is one sweet bow.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:40 PM

Different strokes for different folks, I personally shoot the XT and the drenalin for back up. I like hoyt but i can get a mathews for 200 cheaper than the Hoyt.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:03 PM

stick with the ole trusty "HOYT"!!! I have the new TryconXL and its the best bow ive ever had!! the technology that goes into hoyt bows are unbelieveable!!! STICK WITH HOYT!!!!!!!!! IT WILL NEVER LET YOU DOWN IN THE FIELD

ANDY ELLIOTT / PRESIDENT

Quick Reply: Hoyt Vectrix or Matthews Switchback

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.