Community
2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

Hate to do it.....

Old 01-13-2008, 02:50 PM

Default Hate to do it.....

Well, the title says it, I hate to do it, but I am going to have to pull out of the indoor league.

Last year during the league I got target panic bad, and after reading some of the stuff Mo posted about learning how to properly shoot using backtension, I am thinking about working on my shot, form, anchor, to get all of this cleared up before I just continue to engrain my brain with what I do now....

I might post scores once I start to see improvements.

Right now, I know I can't shoot as well as I expect using an index finger release. I really need to take some time if I am going to start shooting 3-D seriously and work on my shot.

I hit a plateaulast yearand it gets frustrating when I am not seeing any improvements.

So far, there has been some great scores! I will keep an eye on things.....

Good luck guys!

Bols.

P.S. I really just want to beat the crap outta Bloodcreek on the 3-D course this summer at the GTG, that is why I am going to start training now!

Old 01-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hate to do it.....

TP sucks Bols. I honestly cannot shoot a wrist release. My brain just short circuits or something. I only use those for hunting, because I just flat out hammer an index finger release.

Switch to a pure backtension to begin with, itll take getting used to but after you do, you'll love it.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

My son (Contradiction) is pulling out as well. This is his first year with a bow and he just got it before Christmas. He had his expectations for competing, but now wants to practice more before he goes against some real experience. I tried to tell him. At least he is still shooting with me. He is actually coming along great, but HE is not pleased with his progress.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Balls, your my new motivation [8D]Me and you bro,me and you. Bring it This is a tip to help you with your target panic Every time you get ready to squeeze the trigger, whisper.....bloodcreek rocks [X(]It helps,,,,really see ya there
ORIGINAL: Bols

Well, the title says it, I hate to do it, but I am going to have to pull out of the indoor league.

Last year during the league I got target panic bad, and after reading some of the stuff Mo posted about learning how to properly shoot using backtension, I am thinking about working on my shot, form, anchor, to get all of this cleared up before I just continue to engrain my brain with what I do now....

Right now, I know I can't shoot as well as I expect using an index finger release. I really need to take some time if I am going to start shooting 3-D seriously and work on my shot.

I hit a plateaulast yearand it gets frustrating when I am not seeing any improvements.

Good luck guys!

Bols.

P.S. I really just want to beat the crap outta Bloodcreek on the 3-D course this summer at the GTG, that is why I am going to start training now!

Old 01-13-2008, 07:16 PM

So your just going to leave me at the bottom of the pack like that?...lol J/K I hope the time off improves your shooting. Hopefully I'll see you at the GTG this year whoopin some arse.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:02 AM
Typical Buck

You are quite the legend...in your own mind! You can't even pull back a kids bow right now you big sissy.
>>>BAM<<<
ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Balls, your my new motivation [8D]Me and you bro,me and you. Bring it This is a tip to help you with your target panic Every time you get ready to squeeze the trigger, whisper.....bloodcreek rocks [X(]It helps,,,,really see ya there

Good luck guys!

Bols.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Leave me alone, my shoulder hurts [8D]Got a MRI today, find out wed.
ORIGINAL: Tuco

You are quite the legend...in your own mind! You can't even pull back a kids bow right now you big sissy.
>>>BAM<<<

Good luck guys!

Bols.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:38 AM
Typical Buck

Funny how the day after our road trip you shoulder starts hurting. Could have been that arm bar I put you in till you cried that done it. Let MouthaDon talk too it....it would be good heat treatment from all the hot air.
>>>BAM<<<[quote]ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Leave me alone, my shoulder hurts [8D]Got a MRI today, find out wed.
ORIGINAL: Tuco

>>>BAM<<<

Good luck guys!

Bols.

[/quote]