Community

Official Team Midwest Monster Maulers Thread (26)

Old 09-19-2008, 04:09 PM
8mm
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 26 Thread

ORIGINAL: tlutterba

I will be hunting hard in the morning.. I am going to find a tree to throw my climber up in, in the evenings, so I will not be hunting this evening. Got a good spot picked out for the morning, hopefully get a shot ata decent buck. Buck activity and sightings have picked up at the farm so who knows, i guess its only a matter of time before we are mauling monsters!
Good luck out there in the morning i will be out there as well
Old 09-21-2008, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

No hunting for me[:'(] I've been doing a log home restoration project. One more day and I'll have it wrapped up. Then deer beware! I'm hoping to head north to do some serious hunting! Come on guys, lets put a few big ones down!
Old 09-22-2008, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Finally got out over the weekend and didn't shoot an arrow. Hunted fri night sat and sun morn. i saw a few deer on sat morn but nothing to shoot at. I had a couple little six pointer in range but thatwas it. The three of us that were hunting, one managed to bag a nice 8 ptr. So i was cutting deer last night. Temps were to hot, mid 80's, but we had set up the little trip so we went. Hopefully i will get out around home if the temps drop here in MN.

good luck all.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:13 AM
8mm
Typical Buck

Howdy yall my buddy shot this 11 pionter over the weekend he liked the way his rack looked so i thought i would share it with ya i like his rack as well cuz it matchs an to me kinda looks like tree roots he was a very big bodyed deer as well sorry about the pics i had to take them with my phone an it was pitch black out when i got there to check him out

Old 09-22-2008, 10:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well no luck in Ky for me. I saw one butt with a tail flick that was it. It was a little to hot for my liking but ill be going back when the weather is cooler and the leaves start dropping.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

Well, Saturday morning I had a beagle someone dumped running the valley to my right. There is a gnarly thicket behind me around 60-70 yds. I had a bachelor groupof bucks 4-5 coming into view in front of me when the beagle starting whoopin and hollering, they scattered. For some reason, I looked behind at the thicket and there he was. A WALL HANGER!!. He was a 10 pt that could contest 150-160. He was a monster, thinking the dog would push him to me. Unfortunately that buck was a lot smarter and just circled around and went back into the thicket. I never saw that buck that evening. [:@]Hopefully I will get him in weeks to come.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Was that the youth season?? just curious, since we are both Indiana. Im waiting on the Oct 1st opener [&o]sounds like you have a slammer running around there. good luck on him

Well, Saturday morning I had a beagle someone dumped running the valley to my right. There is a gnarly thicket behind me around 60-70 yds. I had a bachelor groupof bucks 4-5 coming into view in front of me when the beagle starting whoopin and hollering, they scattered. For some reason, I looked behind at the thicket and there he was. A WALL HANGER!!. He was a 10 pt that could contest 150-160. He was a monster, thinking the dog would push him to me. Unfortunately that buck was a lot smarter and just circled around and went back into the thicket. I never saw that buck that evening. [:@]Hopefully I will get him in weeks to come.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

No, its early urban season Vanderburgh county. There are like a few selected counties in Indiana that started the season on Sept. 15 to reduce the population. In these counties, I can kill a buck with my bow, then still have a buck tag left. It's purdy nice, the only problem is that you are hunting in 95 degree heat haha. What part of this wonderful hoosier state are you hunting?

ORIGINAL: bloodcrick

Was that the youth season?? just curious, since we are both Indiana. Im waiting on the Oct 1st opener [&o]sounds like you have a slammer running around there. good luck on him

Old 09-25-2008, 08:55 AM
8mm
Typical Buck

any one having any luck. I am going out tonight hope to take a biggen down
Old 09-27-2008, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

35 miles North of you in Pike co. Ill have to check out a urban season one of these days to get a jump start on the season. Thanks for the info.

No, its early urban season Vanderburgh county. There are like a few selected counties in Indiana that started the season on Sept. 15 to reduce the population. In these counties, I can kill a buck with my bow, then still have a buck tag left. It's purdy nice, the only problem is that you are hunting in 95 degree heat haha. What part of this wonderful hoosier state are you hunting?

ORIGINAL: bloodcrick

Quick Reply: Official Team Midwest Monster Maulers Thread (26)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.