Community

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Old 08-28-2008, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 13 Thread (Returning Champs) The Dark Horses.

I am expecting my new cables, strings, arrows, peep, and broadheads in the mail today. ThenI will have to find time to getto the closest bowtech dealer (2hours and 45 minute drive!) to put it all on. I ordered the bow through Huntersfriend.com (big mistake)and I have the drawlength too short so I have to get different draw mods . I figured while I was there I might as well put a good set of aftermarket strings and cableson.

As far as more information about me, I will turn 30 this Sunday and am married with 2 girls (3 and 1). My wife stays home with the girls so that limits my time and funding for hunting since I work a part-time job plus my regular job. I would love to have all of the toys (half a dozen stands, trail cameras, feeders, etc...) but for now, that isn't possible. I hunt as hard as I can and try to hunt when things are just right. I don't know how to post pics but I will work on that.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glue Making, Made Easy!

As we all know, there are a lot of cheap asses on these boards, such as our very own quiksilver. You don't want to spend that $1.24 on glue at target? Here is a quick "how to" post on making our very own patented "Horse Tamers Glue".

First, we take one part sucky team (i.e. "The Dark Horses"). You smack talk them into a blubbery mess, and work them into the ground. This is the Base of the glue, if you will.

Secondly, we take the best team on HNI (i.e. "The Horse Tamers"/Future Champs) with the skill, "location", and pure excelance (we actually piss excelance)wrapped up into one team this is where the strength of you're glue comes from.

Third, you simply mix both together, and voila, HORSE TAMER’S GLUE.

This is the best glue one the market today, we take the best base (chopped up bits of dark horse) and mix them with the horse tamers (again, where the strength comes from). This glue carries a life time guarentee. You won't be let down.

This from a reputable website:

THE HOESETAMERS GLUEis an adhesive that is created by prolonged boiling of animal connective tissue. Stereotypically, the animal in question is a horse, and horses that are put down are often said to have been sent to the "glue factory"; this may be literally true.

This stuff really works, Quiksilver was even quoted saying:
"Horse Tamer's Glue is made with the freshest dark horses available; this stuff will literally stick to anything! I used it to hang up horse tamers wall paper, and posters around my house!"

And always remember, "One dark Horse at a time".

Old 08-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Hey champs!!! I just wanted to stop by and wish you all luck this year. Hunt hard, and hunt safe.

Darren
Old 08-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did some figuring today. I took what everbody shotin the contest last year and put that # in on there new 2008 team. Just to see where we stand if the same thing happens this year.
Team 30 is the closest to taking us.
2008 team list

Team 1 184 1/8
Team 2 212 5/8
Team 3 162 4/8
Team 4 401 4/8
Team 5 98 1/8
Team 6 273 3/8
Team 7 144 5/8
Team 8 0
Team 9 372 2/8
Team 10243 3/8
Team 11 138 4/8
Team 12 0
Team 13 866 1/8
Team 14 368
Team 15 156 1/8
Team 16 201 3/8
Team 17 115
Team 18 120 4/8
Team 19 127
Team 20 394 7/8
Team 21 276 6/8
Team 22 122 6/8
Team 23 316 2/8
Team 24 493 1/8
Team 25 171 1/8
Team 26 101 1/8
Team 27 289 4/8
Team 28 233 2/8
Team 29 136 7/8
Team 30 575 7/8
Team 31 475 3/8
Team 32 o
Team 33 150 2/8
Team 34 212 2/8
Team 35 282 5/8
Team 36 271 5/8
Team 37 406 3/8
Team 38 295 4/8
Team 39 184 1/8
Team 40 448 1/8
Team 41 347 5/8
Team 42 206 4/8
Team 43 233 1/8
Team 44 135 1/8
Team 45 166 5/8
Old 08-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a hell of an idea Dan. Very nice stats work, quite interesting too. Now we know who to look out for.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome Dan.Istolethe fruits of your labor and posted it on its own thread - givingcredit where due, of course. You know... Just because.

Big weekend coming up - will any of you guys be spending any time out in the woods or doing anything hunting-related?

I'm making an all-day run to Ohio on Monday and putting in some tack lines to help me find a few of the stands that I wouldn't be able to find in the dark. A couple of them would be easy to overshoot, so I've gotta put a few cat eyes out and make sure the foliage doesn't throw me off track.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow Dan that must have taken a lot of work! Awesome stuff!!

Running into a little problem... My bow isn't holding nice tight groups like it has in the past.... For example, I'll shoot 4 arrows, 2 of them will be prefectly together but a couple of inches to the left and low - then the other two will be perfectly together and a few inches to the right and low....

Don't know what the heck is going on?? [:@] Honeslty, it seems like I have noticed some degragation in my groups over the last year - just thought maybe I was 'off' that day, but it's gotten to the point that there is certainly something going on - gonna have to figure out what the issue is.

Two items on the top of the list are:

New strings and cables. The set I have on now is around 3.5 years old. They were suppose to be made of the good 'non-strech' stuff - but I suppose that still only lasts so long. Kinda hate to make the change this close to season - but I may have to bite the bullet.

Whisker B - The bisket I have on now is probably around 5 years old... I suppose those things wear out over time - doesn't really look that worn though.... Should I look at going with a dropaway? Either a ripcord or QAD?

You guys ever ran into something like this. I may have to break down and shoot it through some paper again -last fall was the last time I did it. Only problem is that I'm getting different results. Where I've had luck paper tuning is when the arrows are always flying a certain way - they appear to just be sporadic (which is why I'm so confused)- so I'm not sure how much that's going to help...

Ideas or thoughts?
Old 08-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Fork Horn

3.5 year old strings and cables sounds like a logical place to start. If you are going to switch rests give the limb driver a look. I have no experience with the two rests you listed but I recently switched from a trophy taker fall-away to the limb driver and I love it.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would get rid of the WB. Sometimes I shoot like that,I just put the bow down and go get a beer and the remote.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm with Daniel on this one, Jason. 3.5 years for the factory strings... Might be stretching out on youa little bit. Usually that causes your whole shooting system to start to throw fliers around.

Fortunately, there is an easy way to look for string-stretch. You probably know this already, but if not - it might help out.

Look at your servings - particularly on the cams - and see if there's any separation.

This picture was taken whenmy bow was brand new. These servings are tight.

The most likely areas to check for wear/separation are places where the string takes a hard bend around the cam. In this case, I'd inspect the area at 6-o'clock on the cam (nearest the "V" marking and the circular hole). My strings are only 1.5 years old, and they're already showing some signs of slight separation on the servings. Unfortunately, I don't have a pic to show you. It's easy to see, though - just look for tiny gaps in between the serving wraps.

If it is stretching a bit - and you don't shoot a whole lot, you might be able to have a good bowyer just twist them back into spec, which will buy you another year without dumping a boatload of cash into it right now.

Dan's right. Pop "Yanni Live at the Acropolis" in the CD player, pop open an ice-coldcan of Pabst, and enjoy all the splendor of being an American.

Quick Reply: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.