Community

Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Old 01-18-2009, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 21 Thread

Hey guys

It sure is crazy how times have changed over the years with the internet isn't it, with these teams and all. I agree it was fun and nice to hear all of your stories from the past season.
Take care and best of luck next season! Our deer hunting peaked this past year, things were just getting to good to be true. Mother nature is taking care of that for us now as this winter is a record breaker for cold temps and all time snow fall. It will take quite a few years to recover from this one.

good luck to you all!

Chad
Old 01-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Typical Buck

Hey everyone, wanted to say sorry for not getting back on much after Thanksgiving - have been incredibly slammed at work! - my appologies!

Did not make it back out to chase any antlers after that either. Heard of a couple nice bucks being taken - had some buddies take some big dudes up here.

Thanks to everyone - it was good getting to know everyone, and definately wish I would have hadcontributed some inches to the team, unfortunately - those cards did not play out! The good news is that we should have some good bucks that will be getting a lot bigger for next year!

Mike
Old 02-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I am late in checking in with you guys and saying farewell to the season and you guys.... At last post i was taking my daughter for our last weekend (doe and spike for the adults) and wide open for the youngsters... Well my daughter hunted hard and spent many hours in the stand with me and got to great shots at a couple young bucks that would have been good deer for her.... Sadly she missed both shots, I believe her nerves got to her but she was a trooper and hung in there and hunted hard for an 8 year old.... She will prevail next year for sure, I was lucky enough to get a shot at a big Sika buck that weekend though, he wound up being a Gold Medal Buck scoring 137 is.... He would have been over 140 but he had a broken tine.... There is a link to it in the hogs and exotics thread if any of you are interested to see it "Big Texas Sika takes a dirt nap" is the title... Sorry dont have pic's on this computer...

I just wanted to say thatI enjoyed the contest and getting to be a part of all your hunting season's, I feel I have made some friends by being involved on the team.Iwish i would have been able to help the team count out but i let some good animals walk and next year should be real exciting..... Again, thanks for lettingme play and I will see you folks around.....