Community

Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Old 12-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 21 Thread

I am sad to hear about your loss. I will be praying for your family.

Great deer 5575GB, glad someone is having some luck.

I almost had a big group of does within bow range friday evening...60 yards and closing in until my neighbors dog chases them off the field...GRR!!

Then Saturday evening I hear someone talking about 70 yards behind me, I look around and some dudes are walking around the field I hunt with their dogs! Its an hour before dark...right when the deer move through and these people are just talking and walking around like they own the place.

They finally see me and offer an apology, but instead of going back to the house...they stay in the field!! I just cant ask for a worse season this year lol
Old 12-08-2008, 06:04 AM
Fork Horn

5575gb

That is one nice deer, I cant imagine what the one you were after looks like!
Hope your sons get a crack at him.
Nothing to report here, we had the 2nd gun season here in IL., so no bowhunting [:@].

Good luck to all.

Rick
Old 12-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats Chad - nice buck - those are some tall brow tines! Hope one of the boys gets a crack at the big guy! - I hate those if I would have just... makes you want to spit! Sounds like a brutal sit - one that makes you put your BBBBRRRRRRRR face on!

Jenna - sorry to hear that - but with the way you season is going - it just has to turn around here quickly!

Mike
Old 12-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

So how much longer does everyone have left in their seasons? I've got 37 days left (Jan 15th). I was out the last weekend of the '07-'08 season and if possible plan on doing it again this year. Actually saw a couple bucks that day - too far out but there's a stand set up that for this year.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine ends soon sadly, January 20 something.....I can almost cry cuz I havent had a good season at all lol

Got late muzzleloader and bow season left though...hope things turn around
Old 12-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jan. 15th. here. I can't believe this season is almost over. I have had many close encounters, but no chance to seal the deal yet. Hopefully I can change that between now and then.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dad gum Chad, thats a heck of a deer, I would love to see the one you were after!!!!!!!

Guys and girls, thanks again for all the kind words and prayers....

I didget to head to the lease last Friday and came back home Tuesday, This being my last week to hunt due to work,I took the smoke pole as we needed the meat, I was able to take a doe, a young buck that needed to be taken and a big ol' boar hog.... Both of the deer were 3.5 years old and will make for some good table fare... Sorry I wasn't able to help the team out this year but next year is looking promising already, I booked a 7 day trip to Ill. with the outfitter that Rob went with a couple weeks ago and I have passed some real nice 3.5-4.5 bucks on our lease that will make some awesome bucks next year... Good luck to all that are still out there doing it....

Old 12-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Typical Buck

Bow shuts down here Jan 10 (opens back up after shotgun season ends next weekend). Going to try go get back out again before its over and see what happens.

Best of luck to everyone still out there.

Mike
Old 12-12-2008, 04:56 AM
Fork Horn

Nice job Curtis, looks like you'll be eating good for a while!
Old 12-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on filling the freezer Curtis! Those are some good pics.

Quick Reply: Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.