Community

Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Old 10-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 21 Thread

Dang Jenna, that's a bummer to say it lightly....Definately praying for your family!! Sounds to me like you have your priorities in check as well.....Kudo's to you

wallhangr- Brother I would love nothing more than to take you up on the offer as I haven't hunted anywhere but Texas.....Unfortunately, with my type schedule, this year is slammed...That's a heck of a offer for you to make though...Kudo's to you as well...
Old 10-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Typical Buck

Jenna - that is too bad - sorry to hear that. Will definately keep your family inmy thoughts!

wallhangr - that is a very generous invite! Like TBH, my year is overly full! I had not looked at OOS tags for MO for a long time - they areactuallyquite reasonable.

Good luck to everyone, sounds like things are heating up!!
Old 10-30-2008, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jenna-I am very sorry to hear that about your Dad. Just like TBH said though, it is nice to see a young lady with her priorities in the right place. Hopefully your Dad will find work soon.

wallhangr-That is a heck of an offer and very nice of you to say the least.

I am thinking this weekend it should really start getting good, around here anyway. I am looking forward to hunting all weekend.

Good luck team!
Old 10-30-2008, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's getting real close around here Brett, I'm taking offa couple days I've been saving next week.

If anyone changes their mind, let me know

Jenna - sorry to hear that, hope everything works out!
Old 10-30-2008, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

Yes that is terrible news about your father Jenna, hard to even imagin really. I hope things can somehow work out for him.
And Wallhanger that is a fantastic offer, very kind of you. Funny, MO seems like another world away yet a guy from work just metsomeone down there when he flew down to get a car he bought off ebay. They also offered him to come down and hunt with them, you guys are some gracious folks indeed!
I sat the other morning, it was one of the most beutiful star lit skies a person could ever imagine. But the deer movement was non existant, I was sitting is some bushes on a hill side along a grain field out in the prairie miles from any town. At 9:30 I decided to leave, walked out and got to my vehicle and drove up out of the valley. There were deer everywher out in the fields still eating and bucks together being all buddy buddy. I broke out the spotting scope and looked at them all and then zoomed in on a heard that was way out there. But really only about 500yds from where I had bee sitting, it was a mix of muleys and whitetails feeding together. As I glassed them one stood out like a steer in size to the rest and had it's head in the crp just mowing it down!
When he picked up his head I almost tipped over, he was one of the most awesome healthy big whitetail bucks I've ever seen on the hoof. Big white eyes and throat patched and he just glowed in the morning sun. He had a large kicker off his right G2 and I think he would gross 170-175. Boy it suckes haveing to go back to work this week let me tell you! He is close to some property I can hunt on so maybe in a couple days I can get the decoy up over there and get his attention! If not at least I'll remember to bring my camera so I can take some shots of him throu the spotter.

Good luck to you all!

Chad
Old 10-30-2008, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chad, that sounds like a good buck for sure!!!! Best of luck getting him brother!!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! Good news is he already had a company call him for an interview....hopefully all goes well.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

That is great news Jenna! - glad to hear it, will keep sending good thoughts your way!

Sounded like an incredible morning Chad - thanks for sharing! - best of luck on getting that whitetail up close and personal! What decoy are you using? We got a scarface this year. Had used a couple different 2d decoys that we had used in the past (long time ago). They never worked like we had hoped had considered a time or two getting a readi-doe, but never did and never took the 3-D target out.

Temps are supposed to be mid to upper 60's now through Wed - that may slow things down a tad. The colder weather started heating things up!

Best of luck to everyone out there!!

Mike
Old 11-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Chad-I hope you get a crack at him. It sounds like a heck of a hunt!

wallhangr-I hope your two days off result in you connecting with a good one.

BOW HNT-I would buy a decoy if you really want to use one. We have had good luck with them. I would caution against the 3-D target idea though. I tried it once and ended up having one of the best/worst afternoons bow hunting in my life.

I went out this morning and sat in a buddy stand with my wife. She doesn't hunt, but enjoys getting in the stand with once in a while just to enjoy the scenery. We had a small doe come out at about 65 yds. and she never got closer. As I turned to hang my bow up I noticed a large body behind us in some thick stuff. His head finally hit an opening and I got to see what he was. It was a big 8 pt. that I had not seen until this morning. He is a definite shooter and though I tried coaxing him in with some soft grunts, he just wasn't interested. I let him leave the area without spooking him or over calling. Hopefully he'll stick around.

I hope all of you have a great weekend and that you get to spend some time in the woods. Good luck!
Old 11-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys
I got off night shifts yesterday morning and was in that area where I glassed that good kicker buck. Wouldn't you know it he AND that big framed wide buck I was after were together with about 20 other deer. I couldn't believe it, and he was only 94 yds away when I peeked over the lip of the rim around that crp field! I snort wheezed and then about busted my rattling horns to pieces, I mean I gave em hell and none of those bucks came to see what was going on. Oh except a big old heavy muley, he came to within 25 yds, I bet he weighed 300lbs no kidding he was huge! I had my video camera and took all kinds of video of them but none would come, I sat and watched them for 4 hours thinking they would bed in my direction where they had the days before but instead they bedded in the field.
Here is a crappy video off my cell phone I filmed off my tv screen, but you get the idea! If you turn up your volume you can hear me snort weeze to him with my mouth.
Oh by the way someone asked about my decoy, I use the delta "bucky jr one"

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m318/goatboys69/Deer%20videos/?action=view&current=1031081606.flv

And not interested, all his tines are there. But the glare makes it look like he's missing his G2.
http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m318/goatboys69/Deer%20videos/?action=view&current=1031081609.flv

Quick Reply: Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.