Community

Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Old 10-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 21 Thread

Brett, that sounds like a nice buck and if you hang in there long enough you will get a crack at him....

Jenna, those are some good bucks and I wish you the best of luck getting one of them!!!!

gri22ly, get one for us....Make that vacation count...

Guy's I too have been getting some good trail cam pic's and saw some good bucks while hunting in early October....As most of you know I work an odd schedule and at the present I will be out of the country till mid November which should be a great time to be in the woods that I hunt....

Here's a couple of buck's that have been visiting our feed site's....That hopefully I can get on the board for us!!!

I saw this guy in early October...Good deer but he needs another year!!!

The next three are on our hit list if we get a crack at them!!!!!!

2. This 9 point was a 8 last year but his G2 on his left side is split this year

3. This guy is a 7 this year but he was a 8 last year....he still has killer brows this year though..

Old 10-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys

Little guy had a couple days off school thurs and fri so he and I went on a little bow hunting vacation. Thurs night this dry doe gave me too good of a quartering away shot to pass up at 18 yds so I put a gator throu her goody box. She ran about 40 yds and tipped over, the blood poured out of her like a water hose, I video taped the shot out of my blind by shooting over the tripod.
I left her lay since there was an hour of shooting light left. A nice 140 class 5x5 came throu and put on quite a show by making 4 different scrapes right out in front of the blind.
Then right at dark a group of three 130-140 class bucks came by, one even went and sniffed my arrow that was stuck in the ground from the doe. That blood didn't bother him one bit.
Most of the good bucks are coming in after dark, but there is a big cold front moving in tonight. It's supposed to get down to 13 degrees F tonight, to bad the wind is blowing 50 mph right now!
Well here's that doe.
Good luck to you all!

Old 10-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the doe brother....Those are some good bucks too.....Best of luck to you on them...
Old 10-26-2008, 10:39 PM
Typical Buck

13 degrees + 50 mph wind = BBBBRRRRRRRR that makes me cold just thinking about it!! Was hoping to see some pics of the little guy with his first buck!!

Things are starting to heat up (except the temps) Best of luck to everyone!!
Old 10-27-2008, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

gri22ly-I hope the vacation is a good one! Hopefully you can put some points on the board for us.

Curtis-Those are some great looking bucks! I hope to see pics. of you in Nov. with one on the ground.

5575-Nice doe! We had the winds yesterday too, but it was 70 degrees. Good luck with the bucks!

I slipped in on a travel route Sat. morning hoping to catch the buck I saw on Fri. afternoon coming back to bed. I passed on three does early hoping he would show, but he didn't. The only buck I saw was a decent 8 pt. about 80 yds. away. I didn't hunt Sat. afternoon because my family and a couple of our friends headed to a GREAT haunted house in St. Louis, Mo. that evening. We got home very late Sat. night so the morning hunt didn't happen. We had high winds and warm temps all day yesterday so I took care of some things around home that needed to get done.

It is supposed to get cold tonight (28 degrees) and be cool all week. I will be out some mornings and some afternoons depending on how work goes. It should really start getting good this week.

Good luck everyone!
Old 10-27-2008, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

The South wind we had Sat pretty much killed my weekend. Should've taken the shotgun into the woods instead. Had 8 turkeys comingright tomy stand before they turned down the hill. Another 10 yards and they would have been past me & I would have had my pick. The only deer I saw Sat was a little doe someone's dogs were chasing. Trying to find out who owns the little brats, that's the second time they've been on our property chasing deer.

Hope the next time I see those bucks in pics someone has their hands around those racks!

Old 10-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on that nice doe. Good luck with those bucks!!
Old 10-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

I could ring the weathermans neck some times... Took the little guy out last night, the wind was suppose to change dirrections.. well it didn't and everything winded us. The deer were really moving thou after those 50 mph winds the day before thou.
I believe we saw 6 bucks and 6 does, all within 30 or so yards so that was fun! I put up some more stands today for us, one for him to shoot and one beside him to video. I'll try to get some pics also, I have way more fun doing that than hunting for myself!
Old 10-29-2008, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I should have thought of this earlier, but if anyone wants to make the trip to MO, non-res tags are $150 for 2 deer & 2 turkey tags and can be bought over the counter or on-line (for another $2). Be happy to have any of you come along this season!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wallhangr

I should have thought of this earlier, but if anyone wants to make the trip to MO, non-res tags are $150 for 2 deer & 2 turkey tags and can be bought over the counter or on-line (for another $2). Be happy to have any of you come along this season!

You guarantee me a buck and Im headin your way! lol

Sadly no more spending for me for a while. Dad just got layed off after 23 years with the company. I might have to help them out with some of the bills. Pray that another job pops up for him.

Quick Reply: Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.