Community

Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Old 10-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 21 Thread

Brett,
There is nothing worse than drawing back, wondering how much the head mount is going to cost you, how good the backstraps are going to taste, then watching your arrow zip clear over or under their back.

Better luck tomorrow.

Rick
Old 10-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Typical Buck

Brett - I hate it when that happens! good luck at redemption tomorrow!

Mike
Old 10-22-2008, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys.

I had a great morning. I only saw one deer, it was a small 8 pt. He hung around for quite a while. I got to watch him freshen up a scrape, make a new scrape and rub on a small sapling. It was great to just sit back and watch him do his thing.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought some Rage 2 blades today. I cant wait to shoot a deer with one lol

But we better start picking up the slack soon, cuz we might just win the prize for Team that scored absolutely ZERO!
Old 10-24-2008, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: KYDeerHunter03

I bought some Rage 2 blades today. I cant wait to shoot a deer with one lol

But we better start picking up the slack soon, cuz we might just win the prize for Team that scored absolutely ZERO!
Jenna,

I switched to the 2 blade Rages this year, and all I can say is "Wow". The 3 deer I have shot this yeat have made it a total of 30 yards! 1 droped 10' from where I shot her. The blood loss has been amazing.

Good luck to all this weekend, I plan on being out for as much as I can get away with this weekend.

Rick
Old 10-24-2008, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm thinking it's not such a bad thing that there's nothing on the ground yet. (Although I wish the one I stuck was in the books) A few lesser bucks have been passed on and it's just now getting to the best time of the year.

I'll be out ALL day Saturday - Good Luck to All!

Old 10-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea i aint complaining. i see some dandys during the late season when food is scarce....cuz i supply the corn!! lol

im hunting sunday at a friends farm, im excited...i might actually get a deer!!

here are some of the bucks he has seen on his property...dandys i tell ya!!

Old 10-24-2008, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jenna-Those are some good pics. of some great deer! I hope you get to put your hands on one of those soon.

I had my first encounter of the season with a legitimate "shooter" tonight. Right at last light I caught movement out in front of me at about 75 yds. I got my binos up and instantly saw that it was a good buck checking a scrape. Like a goofball, I had left my calls in my backpack because I was in a hurry to set up this afternoon. Instead of fumbling around I "burp" grunted at him to try to get his attention. He immediately started walking towards me and I got ready. On the way to my tree he made a scrape and as he closed the distance to 25 yds. I needed him to take about five more steps to clear some brush and to be inside my self imposed 20 yd. maximum with the recurve. He got sidetracked by a persimmon tree and fed for probably 5 min. at 25 yds. He then turned straight away and walked out to a bean field, never giving me a shot. I glassed him intently as he walked off and needless to say, I would have been proud to have him as my first "traditional" buck. He is a main frame 10 pt., that looks to be about 18" wide, with G2's somewhere around 11" with his other points stair stepping nicely. He would score somewhere around 140". I have a decent idea where he is bedding and fortunately I have stand close by that I will be in tomorrow morning. If that doesn't work I will be hunting his scrapes in the are I hunted tonight on Sun afternoon.

Good luck to everyone hunting this weekend! I hope I can break the ice by putting some points on the board by Sun. evening.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I should have one on the ground soon, just started 14 days ofvacation.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:35 PM
Typical Buck

never fear, the bone will be stacking up soon!

Jenna - hope you get to introduce one of those bucks to one of your new rages!

Brett - that takes a ton of dedication, I have thought about hunting with the recurve, but have never committed enough time in the off season. Congrats! I applaud the discipline. Hope he breaks 20 for you this weekend.

Gri22ly - sounds like two sweet weeks!

Best of luck to everyone and stay safe!

Mike

Quick Reply: Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.