Community

Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Old 10-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 21 Thread

Congrats on the two does Rick! It is always nice to put some meat in the 'fridge. Did you take any pics.?
Old 10-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the does! Hopefully this weekend gives me an opportunity to put some deer on the ground. I am heading to Ohio to hunt with a friend....first time hunting out of state yay!
Old 10-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Brett/IL

Congrats on the two does Rick! It is always nice to put some meat in the 'fridge. Did you take any pics.?
Thanks, I did get one picture, and will post that tomorow.

Jenna, thanks and good luck in Ohio
Old 10-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the does - will be watching for some pic's.

Best of luck in Ohio Jenna - it is fun to go OOS to hunt. (Making sure that you have everything when traveling is a pain - and flying compounds the issues/problems - but still fun!

Best of luck to everyone!
Old 10-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bet it is a pain to fly weapons around, so thats why im driving my big butt there lol

Its only 4 hours...not too bad. I have driven 8 hours 3 times to WV, and its one LOOOOONNGGG drive. So 4 hours is a piece of cake for me

Old 10-08-2008, 05:38 AM
Fork Horn

Here is a piture of one of my does, and I apologize for the setting. No matter how many deer I shoot, I still get all frazzeld. I tell myself that I will use the camera that is with me to take a nice picture of the deer before I start field dressing. It never happens. I run around like a chicken with its head cut off. I think part of this is beacuse I am usually alone, and no one is there to calm me down.

The cutie in the picture is my wife, I took this the morning after.

Rick

Old 10-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice doe Rick! I understand what you are saying about getting frazzled. I usually hunt alone too. When I get one on the ground I am usually scrambling to get it to the truck, home and hung up. It was only recently that I started really trying to take decent field pics. It doesn't happen all the time, but I am happy when I take the time to do it.

I went out this morning and saw 4 does, but they never got closer than 60 yds. I will be back out this afternoon unless something comes up with work.

Good luck teammates!

Old 10-08-2008, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had an early afternoon dentist appt yesterday and tried to sneak in an afternoon hunt. It was raining when I pulled in but quit while I was getting dressed. The skeeters were pretty bad walking to my stand, but when I got to the tree and set my bow and pack down an emormous cloud of them rose from the ground. I tried to get the Thermacell started right awaythinking I could stand them for a bit - didn't happen. They were so thick I was inhaling them [:@]and starting to sweat from whacking them with both hands. I retreated back to the truck and called it a day.

This was river bottom ground and there's standing water all over the place from all the rain and last flood. I don't think I'll be going back to that land until after a frost.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Typical Buck

Rick - nice shot on that doe! - before I saw the last line, I was going to say - you are much cuter than I expected!!

We drove down to south texas on a boar hunt a couple years ago - that was drive! - luckily there were 4 of us. Flying out to Idaho was a pain from the packing/shipping and traveling with Bows - and that was two years ago - would be a major pain now! (but saving the 20+ hours of driving each way was well worth the pain).

wallhangr - sometimes retreating is the only thing to do! that sounded miserable!

Best of luck to everyone!

Mike

Old 10-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome doe! I love those short hair hides. If you shoot another....mail me one! lol

Quick Reply: Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.