Community

Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Old 09-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 21 Thread

Good Luck this week TX ! I'll be out tomorrow also.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

Hey everyone - how are things going?

Jenna -sorry to hear about the truck - if you were closer, we could help turn some wrenches for you! - best of luck with everything, hope it all turns around for you quickly!

We went camping this past weekend, had a great time with the family! Did some boating fishing (actually just wetting lines!) and hanging out together - need more weekends like that!

Checked the food plots - most are looking great! - one is growing a little slower than we would like - but with the others, should be in good shape in no time. The corn was a dissapointment this year, just did not grow like it should have (but then again - there are lots of fields that look that way also).

Season opens Wed, but will probably not get out till close to the end of the month, so keep the hunting reports comming.

OH - did shoot 3-D a week ago - unfortunately I have some tendonitis that started flairing up almost a month ago - did not even finish the course. Have to scale my bow and see where it is set. Have been icing it down and wearing a support thing so see if I can get it managable here quickly!

Best of luck to everyone - I think seasons will be opened up for everyone this week??

Mike
Old 09-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a button buck that keeps tormenting me!!!

He knows I wont shoot him so he stands 5 yards broadside for about 15 minutes, eats some leaves, walks to the side of me and ONCE AGAIN stands broadside 5 yards from me, then beds down 5 feet from the ladder of my stand.

I told him that if he comes around again I might have to shoot him lol

Yea I havent seen ANYTHING lately....I dont know whats up. Hopefully you guys can help the team out, cuz I sure aint
Old 09-29-2008, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good to hear from everyone!

My season starts Wed. but unfortunately I will be out of town at a funeral. I am planning on hunting Thurs. morning as long as something else doesn't come up. I should be able to be out all weekend too.

Good luck to all of you out there hunting right now. Hopefully one of us will connect soon and put some points on the board.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

Can't get out till Saturday, and even then I am in a EAB area, so i need to whack a doe first. With any luckI will take care of that right away, my area is thick with does.

Good luck to all,

Rick
Old 09-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I finally got some movement tonight in my stand. I got out about an hour earlier than usual because I got to leave work early! WOO HOO

I got into the stand at 5:30 and began the waiting game. I heard something behind me around 6:00 so I turn around and here comes some turkeys. I would gladly take another one, so I got ready to shoot. Sadly they made a detour and came out into the field about 60 yards from me.

Silence, silence, and more silence was all that followed until 7:15 when 3 deer come bolting down the hill right towards me. My heart is pumping, my legs are shaking, and my teeth are chattering lol ( If it aint obvious I was excited)

I thought they were all does at first, but I seen one had a nice 6 point rack on him and he was an awesome color. The was really dark...like almost black and he had solid white fur up to his ankles on his feet. I figured heck...if he offers a shot I will take him.

Sadly...no shot. They stayed right on the side a big tree fell over by and blocked my entire view and all shooting lanes. If the tree wasnt there I could have had a 25-30 yard shot at all 3 lol

Anywho, I am just glad that I have seen some deer. Thats all I ask for is to at least see something while im hunting.....and not just sitting and wasting my time haha
Old 10-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

KY - good to hear things are picking up.

I sat around by myself all day yesterday. I was sitting in an awesome looking bottleneck and saw nothing. The wind direction limited my choices, but thought this was a no-brainer. Unfortunately the 3,000 acres is about 2,500 of oaks trees. They don't have to move very far to find food.

I did have one wake-up call, around 5:50 a hawk let out a screech about 10 yards to my right as he flew by. Just about tested my safety harness on that one.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Typical Buck

Jenna - glad to hear the action - I will keep my fingers crossed!

Wallhangr - I had one do that two years ago - that is startling!

craitchky - good luck getting you doe on the ground quickly!

M
Old 10-02-2008, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Illinois season opened yesterday, but like I stated, we were at a funeral. I am going to have company here until Fri. evening so the earliest I can head out will be Sat. morning.

On a positive note, I picked up a new place to hunt. An older couple my wife works for told her on Tues. that if I would be interested in hunting their place I was more than welcome to. It isn't very big, but it is adjacent to a large track of woods. They told her that they are always seeing deer by their pond and that turkeys are thick too. My son and I are going to go take a look at it on Sat. afternoon. I'll let you all know how it looks.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:02 AM
Typical Buck

Brett - sorry to hear about the funeral - hope all is going well. Good news about the new place - those are always exciting!

Best of luck to all out hunting!

Quick Reply: Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.