Community

Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Old 09-15-2008, 12:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 21 Thread

Chad- that is one outstanding pronghorn! - those ivory tips are soooo cool! Congrats!
Old 09-16-2008, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice!

Well, the weekend went great No Rain!

Made it out for Opening Day on Monday. Got in the stand and all set by 5:45 with the temp at 57. About 6:30 I could finally see my pins and it was finally here. About 6:45 I see a patch of white moving right up the trail thru the trees, looked like he was going to pass within 10 yards of my stand. Nose to the ground, tail just twiching back and forth without a care. He walked right into my lane at 10 yards...........a possum. Just had him and a couple squirrels in range and a group of turkeys that stayed out of range.

I'll be back out this weekend!
Old 09-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Typical Buck

Jenna - OUCH I sure hope that 5.00 gas does not get any closer to you! - I filled up yesterday and it was 3.58 - I run E-85 which was 2.56 - so that is not quite so bad, but the mileage is down from either unleaded or ethanol blend (10%). If I have my foot in it the mileage goes WAAAY down.

wallhangr - I hate those darned smileys, that was actually the first thing I shot with my bow while deer hunting many moons ago.

Best of luck to all that are out there!!
Old 09-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to all of you who are already hunting! Keep the updates coming. They really help those of us who are still waiting for our seasons to start. Just remember to wear your harnesses and stay safe.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

well guys i screwed up on a nice doe.....i feel like absolute crap.

if you guys wanna read my sob story...its in the bowhunting forum.

anywho...i seen a few bucks and does this weekend. 6 point and a spike...nothing spectcular
Old 09-16-2008, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jenna-I just read your story and responded in that thread. I am truly sorry this happened top you, but don't let it get you down. Unfortunately, it is something we all go through at one time or another as hunters. It is never easy and all you can do is try to turn it into a learning experience. Keep your chin up girl!

Edit to add pic. of buck. This is the deer I mentioned in reply to your thread. I killed him with a gun, but this arrow was in him at the time I shot him. As I stated, he was acting fine and chasing does when I shot him. This is after he was skinned out and I put the arrow back in to show where it was when I shot him. This is most likely where you hit your doe, over the spine and through the loins.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey girl, I too posted in your thread. You just need to let it go!!! There was a couple of guys there that didn't even read the story and just wanted to be jerks, don't let them fella's sway you none. I am sure the deer will be fine but even if not, I would be willing to bet that more deer get killed in your area in one year by cars than you will ever loose in a lifetime. It happens and there is nothing you can do except learn from it!!!! Get back out there and get it done!!!! We are rooting for ya
Old 09-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Jenna - as I said - keep your chin up!

Brett - I assume that arrow was right above the spine? - it is amazing how low the arrow can appear (especially with the hide on) and actually be above the spine.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BOW HNT

Hey Jenna - as I said - keep your chin up!

Brett - I assume that arrow was right above the spine? - it is amazing how low the arrow can appear (especially with the hide on) and actually be above the spine.
Yeah, it was right above the spine. It had gone through both loins. He came in on me in a hurry chasing does. I grunted to stop him and let the shotgun bark. He went about 75 yds. and piled up. When I got up to him, the first thing I saw was a hole high in his back. I was a little confused because I knew my scope had been solid on his vitals. When I looked closer I could barely see the nock. My slug had gone right where I had wanted it to resulting in the quick kill. There is no telling how long the arrow had been in him but he was not acting funny in any way when he came by me.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys I had an awesome hunt tonight. I got in my stand around 6:30 as soon as I got home from work. Nothing happened until right before dark and I seen a deer pop out of the woodline and walk towards me.

I could tell it was a buck and I was up and ready to shoot.....but when he came into full view I noticed he was just a small 4 point still in velvet. I let him walk and his little 8 point friend behind him cuz I didnt want to be out trailing into the night (and the lingering doubts in my mind from tuesday lol)

I would have denfitely shot the little 8 point if it was broadside and a little earlier in the evening, but a quartering to...just isnt my cup of tea.

Anyways they wandered off into the field very quickly and I soon noticed why. There was another buck in the bottom corner of the field and I guess these 2 others had something to prove.

I got down and looked into the field and seen the 8 and the other buck fighting. Not just sparring either...fighting! lol They were pushing each other all over the place and the 4 point was just watching it all. It lasted about 30 seconds and they were on their way back to feeding.

I was so excited though...what a hunt to have after a bad previous hunt. Sure brightened my day for sure

Quick Reply: Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.