Community

Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

Old 09-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 16 Thread

There's no way I could actually make that trip, Tim. I just startedmy new job four months ago, and by the end of this deer season, I'll only have 12 days of vacation accumulated, and they're all being used for deer hunting on my spots here.
Ahhh, but grasshopper, you must think of the future!There's always next year ya know.

Dang bowtech, that's like having some where to go, and no way to get there. Hang in there man, your bow will come soon enough. Early season hunting ain't usually that great anyways.

DANG, I can't beleive this. I talked to my friends that I am suppose to be hunting with this season, and once again, I will be at it all alone this weekend. Leaving from work again tomorrow, to try again. Snow/rain is forecasted for Thursday and Friday with cooler temps. It might get good. Wish me luck guys! I WILL be taking some ALEVE/ADVIL with me this time. If I end up having to carry out an elk, I'll be for sure needing it![&:]

Old 09-09-2008, 10:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

Well here my update:

1. Still no bow
2. got access to3 mile x 2 milepieceof land to hunt. A 159" deer was taken on this land last year. its mostly brush but there is some monsteres here.
Rule # 1 ...You need two bows.
Rule # 2 ... You never have too many bows.
Rule # 3 ... See rule 2.

LOL!!!! I feel your pain. I still don't have the GT500 set up. I'm still waiting for GOOD strings and fighting with inconsistent bh flight.
I may have to use the Synergy. It's ready to go and shoots lights out.
I'll keep my finger's crossed for you.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:06 PM

Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I found SEVERAL rubs today. And you'll never guess.................A SCRAPE.
I believe I found a core area of a good buck.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:13 PM

Nice, you going to stay away from there now till the sesaon starts?
Old 09-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

So just took a ride around one of the state properties I hunt. It is only 35 acres and you would only know it was public if you looked at the county records and it is about 4 miles from 2000 public acres so many people either do not know about it or dont hunt it. Its a piece of a larger private section bordered on all side by agr fields. The section I like to hunt has beens in the field and tonight about 70 yrds from the tree I climb there were 5 does and 3 bucks in the field. 2 of the were 8 and a scrubby 4. Nothing crazy but prob a 110 to 120 was the biggest. Here in MD I get 2 bucks in each season bow, muzzle, shotgun/rifle. I know that isnt the biggest but for my first bow buck of the year he might have to take a muzzy. For you guys who get multiple bucks, as I understand the rules to the contest the first buck counts and only the first buck for the contest even if you can harvest multiple deer. I we all shoot a 100 or better buck there is no way another team can catch us. So I am just putting it out there now that If i see that deer monday, he's gonna here a THWACK
-Whacker
Old 09-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: whacker

So just took a ride around one of the state properties I hunt. It is only 35 acres and you would only know it was public if you looked at the county records and it is about 4 miles from 2000 public acres so many people either do not know about it or dont hunt it. Its a piece of a larger private section bordered on all side by agr fields. The section I like to hunt has beens in the field and tonight about 70 yrds from the tree I climb there were 5 does and 3 bucks in the field. 2 of the were 8 and a scrubby 4. Nothing crazy but prob a 110 to 120 was the biggest. Here in MD I get 2 bucks in each season bow, muzzle, shotgun/rifle. I know that isnt the biggest but for my first bow buck of the year he might have to take a muzzy. For you guys who get multiple bucks, as I understand the rules to the contest the first buck counts and only the first buck for the contest even if you can harvest multiple deer. I we all shoot a 100 or better buck there is no way another team can catch us. So I am just putting it out there now that If i see that deer monday, he's gonna here a THWACK
-Whacker
That just ain't right, Matt!I've still got two and a half weeks to go. It's killing me, I tell ya.

Best of luck to you.

Edited to add that if I limited out on bucks (yeah, and monkeys might fly out my butt), I could take 3 in Missouri, 4 in Tennessee and 3 in Arkansas. I'll do my best to hold out for a bigger one to start with. It'll hurt, but I'll do it.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

Nice, you going to stay away from there now till the sesaon starts?
After i put a stand up Sunday, that will be the last time till mid October.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:11 PM

Well it was my dads birthday and my uncle got him a TC encore, well this weekend we will be doing a lot of shooting, have like 4 guns to sight in and shoot the AK-47 for some fun. Well the problem is that the deer can hear a gunshot from where we shoot throughout all my hunting land. We also have to shoot a lot more for practice and stuff, so you guys think that this will put too much pressure on them this early?

Old 09-10-2008, 08:16 PM

No , It won't bother them.
The deer will react to intrusion in the woods. Gunshots during the off season won't.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

Guys i got a major problem i told myself i'm takin my cam down on fri. but i'm so anxious i want to take it down tom. night idk wat to do i suppose i should stick to the plan n take it down on fri. i'm just really anxious cause it's a pretty sweet spot anyways i hope to get a lil bit of scouting iin soon but i got to cut wood for cause i got a fire wood bussiness. so work before play right~!!!

Quick Reply: Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.