Community

Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (43)

Old 09-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (43)

Well guys, my brother killed yesterday evening, so now I'm up for Saturday morning before helping my old man with some work..
Good luck guys
Old 09-19-2008, 04:25 AM

I apologize for not posting more fellas, but I've been wrapped slam up between work, scouting and 3-4 hrs a night of sleep. This morning is the first time I've browsed here in a week or two.

To drummers questions a page or two ago: I've never shot the Rage heads, in fact, I've never shot any kind ofexpandables. I have beenshooting 4 blade stingers for 3 years and I can't think of one bad thing to say about them. I did buy some slick tricks this year and they shoot straight as....well, straight as an arrow. Those two heads will be in my quiver this fall.

As for the climbing stands, I have two. One isa cougar claw. I like it and have owned it for 6-7 years now and it still works great. But, like almost all climbing stands, the platform is not really made to stand up in and move your feet much at all if your feet are any larger that a size 5. So I went a bought me the summit titan this year. The thing is HUGE! It does weight 25lbs, but 4-5 extra lbs is well worth the carry for a platform you can do jumping jacks in....I'm serious bout that too!

I haven't hunted a day this year and already I'm getting discouraged. I can't figure out why in the hell I can't get just one decent buck on cam. I have scouted for hours this years, (I hunt a little over 3000 acres, but spread out over 15-20 mile radius) I've found plenty of deersign, used feed and other baits, been careful with my scent, gothundreds of pics of does and small bucks......But not one dang picture of adeer I'd draw on! [:@]I just don't know..........[>:] [&o]

..............Anyways, sorry bout that moment of self petty! I'm better now!

You guys keep posting those cam pics of yours. I enjoy seeing them. Althoughhey fill me with a tab bit ofenvy, I also realize itcould quite possibly be the closest I get to a shooter buck all year!

Best of luck to those of you that will be hunting this weekend. I'll be back in my stand on Oct. 15,my states1st day of bow season.

One last thought before I leave for work this morning: perhaps one or more of you guys are Topo gurus, if so, I'd be all ears to any suggestions or advise you might be willing tothrow my way. I'll be glad to email or post topo maps ofthe small piece of gods country I hunt...just a thought!

Good luck fellas and I'll try tocheck in more often!

Jamey

Old 09-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Rory.....did you decide which pattern of Predator camo? I've been using the Fall Grey for 10 years or so. I have had excellent results with it. I really like it for treestand hunting, In all those years I've never had a deer look up at me because I stuck out.
Since I like to give real life example's..........Here's a story on one of my bigger bucks I've got with the bow. I had been seeing a bunch of bucks cruising thru this area during the rut.......all thetrees had no leaves on them.Where there were trees, they were all straight and smaller, but I decided to hang a stand and hunt it the same afternoon. The buck walked straight at me, when he got to about 10 yards from the tree, he looked right up at me. I believe he looked up because he was trying to smell me. It seemed like he looked right thru me. He then turned broadside and since I was already at full draw....it was all she wrote.

Went out last night and saw 1 buck (big 7 point) and a doe and her fawn. Sat in my killing stand....don't hunt it very often....need a southeast or south wind. Many deer have been shot out of it, though the years.........Going to be 80 degrees out today, so I'm going to stay out of the woods tonight.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

PY, I'm really leaning towards fall brown, but if not that then fall grey will be it
Old 09-21-2008, 09:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

TTT
Had a great weekend (besides the fact that I hit a doe in the shoulder and couldn't find any blood or the deer)

Hunted Saturday morning for about an hour and ahalf (the 10th deer I saw was the doe I lost)
Didn't hunt Saturday evening, looked for the doe.
Sunday morning- finally got to hunt with my old man again! Hunted about 3.5 hours,Saw 9, really no shot opportunities, other than a spotted fawn. Found out my best friend stuck his first deer with a bow, very happy for him.
Sunday evening- hunted about another 3 hours, saw 8. Almost got a shot opportunity right off the bat at a nice doe with a neat hide (half red, half grey), passed her fawn right before I saw her. Last 2 deer seen offered me shots, but with dark quickly approaching, I just didn't feel that comfortable with the shots. They were plenty close enough (within 25 yards), but just wasn't confident for some reason, so I elected to let them walk another day.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:58 AM
Typical Buck

Well guys practiced with the Rage 2 blade 100 grain broadheads and have to say that they are pretty awesome. Shoot just like my field points which was great. I've never had my broadheads shoot exactly like my field points without adjusting my bow. Another little thing that is pretty cool is my roommate is an officer in the Army and stationed in Kosovo. He has been back on a ten day leave and told me that Bowtech is allowing them to purchase the 101st Airborne bows fully equipped for 500 bucks. He said he would send me one as long as I tell him my specs. So in the future I might be shooting a Bowtech instead of the Hoyt.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

Also, guys went out and checked a game camera this past weekend and had this guy on there a couple of times. Had a lot of 8 pointers this year on the cam for some reason.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: louddrummer69

Also, guys went out and checked a game camera this past weekend and had this guy on there a couple of times. Had a lot of 8 pointers this year on the cam for some reason.
Great looking buck, those big eights look awesome.....hope you get a crack at that guy!
Old 09-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome looking buck louddrummer. I am begging to see something like that.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

Went out Saturday and Sunday evening. Should of stayed home Sat. saw 1 deer moving thru the woods. Couldn't even tell what it was. Then Sunday I had a east wind, so I sat in the killing stand again. Had 4 bucks and the same doe and her nub buck fawn all within 10 yards. The biggest was a 80 inch 9 point. On that property I've seen 8 different bucks and 1 adult doe in 5 sits. Iwould have to saymy buck to doe ratio is good...............I'm flying outto Wyoming on Thursday for some PR work with my rancher friend. I'll be back on the 30th. Did not get any tags for Wyoming this year, so decided to help out on the ranch for a few days.
Hopefully when I get back there will be some points behind our name......

Quick Reply: Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (43)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.