Community

Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (43)

Old 09-12-2008, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (43)

Hey guys, we are slacking in the posting department here of late. Anyway, I just purchased some Rage 2 blade broadheads and was wondering if any of my fellow teammates use them? I know they have a lot of controversy that goes along with them but the only true way for me to make a decision is to use them myself. Also, I just purchased a new Summit Goliath tree stand. Anybody else use a climber? This is my first climber and am a little leery about setting it up in the dark for the first time without scaring every deer in the woods. Happy Hunting Fellas. Missouri bow season starts on Monday!
Old 09-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

The only climber I own is an older model Tree Lounge that I use only for gun hunting. Itmakes more noise,than just climbing up the sticks to my fixed stands. Which is why I dont use one for bow hunting. A couple years ago I was sitting in my treestand and I could hear this racket going on in the woods about 80 yards away. After about 5-10 minutes of this sound, I could seesome movement thru the trees. I looked thru my bino's and could tell it was another hunter in a climber. Now if I could hear him that good from 80 yards just think how far awaya deer could hear him.
I got a package of Rage three blade's for Christmas last year. I'm going to give them a try on the first doe I get a shot at. The practice head shots great, so we'll see.
Season starts in the morning!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Typical Buck

Wow, well that doesn't sound reassuring to use a climber. I know lots of people use climber's and I assume after using it for a period of time they get pretty quiet using them. I'm going to give it a try this year and if I fail or think I'm giving away my position I might have to sell it. We'll see. My problem is trying to set it up in the dark . I do have two sets of those predator hats with the LED lights in the front that will help I'm sure.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

I'm sure once you get used to it, it will be fine. As with everything, you need to practice or at least get enough repetitions doing it.
Didn't mean tosound negative, but that was an experiance that stuck with me.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Fork Horn

I use Rage 2- blade. I love them. They fly straight and leave an unbelievable entry and exit hole, great blood trails. I also have 2 climbers I use for bow hunting, one is the summit razor and the other is a API grand slam. their bothsuper quiet and quick to set up. You'll love the summit, you should take it out and practice a couple of times to become conformable with it. I can set my climber in complete dark and be quiet.

good luck team mates, my season is 15 days away.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Climber is great but you have to practice ahead of time like everything else. I can set mine up with my eyes closed. A headlight is a must.....I'm up the tree in 10 mins. Get your routine down ahead of time and all will be fine.......be sure to use your harness even while climbing!
Old 09-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Typical Buck

I use a Summit Viper. The only problem I have with it is its so comfortable I have taken naps in it. You will love the Summit. I use G5 Strikers. I personally have a mental block with using an expandable. I am sure they work fine but just not for me.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't use a climber or the rage broadheadsso I can't comment on the subject (I feel so left out )
Old 09-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use the Rages, and love them

Hopefully I can get out tomorrow evening after school!
TTT
Old 09-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

TTT we're slackin lately guys!

Quick Reply: Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (43)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.