Community

Official Team The Horse Tamers Thread (14)

Old 09-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 14 Thread

Well I got my Trail cams back being I'm done using them for bear hunting. Today I put up all 3 of my trail cams In area's that I will not be hanging tree stands or hunting In. Last year was an eye opener for me on placing trail cams out (my 1st year using them). I learned to not put them In spots I planned on hunting anymore. The bucks that were frequenting the area I had them In last year decided to no longer take the routes they were once taking before. Where I have them now Is set up on feed trails In different edges of the woods. The only thing I'm trying to find out Is where about's there coming out of the woods to feed in the beans and corn and also I'm seeing what I have for inventory. I had them out about 5 weeks ago and wasn't just to impressed with the size of bucks I was seeing. A couple 130" class bucks was the biggest I got on tape. My stands won't be going up In the spots I have the cameras. They will be going up In the staging areas where these trails come from In the bedding areas. Another thing too my cams will only be up for about 2 weeks tops In the same spot and then there coming down. Maybe even put away after that, we'll see. I'll be checking them Sunday If I don't head back on up to northern Minnesota to bear hunt again this weekend.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yesterday I went to put up a stand In a certain area of the woods where i had a few different 130" range bucks traveling In the mornings heading to there bedding areas (caught them on my trail cam about 5 weeks or so ago pretty consistently). I could not for the life of me find a decent stand set up for a good wind or for cover. So I ended up making myself a homemade ground blind. The goods were already there, I just tweaked It some by doing some minor clearing for shooting spots and I also cleared the ground of leaves where I was sitting. I got up this morning to hunt It and my wind was Iffy so I decided not to go out, there's always another day but It's not going to be long before these bucks change from there summer patterns to there fall patterns. Heck they might have already, time will tell I guess when I hunt It with a good wind.

Meanwhile I had put 3 different trail cams out. The one cam had 2 nice pictures on It. I've never seen either of these bucks on cam before. Both of these are shooters and should make P&Y. The day pic Is at least 60 yards away and the night pic Is pretty close. Zoom In on the day pic, you can see his rack a little better then.

I hunted this bean field this evening. The buck In the day pic Is headed for an oak tree to get some acorns. That happens to be where I have my stand and that's where I went to this evening. I passed up on 3 does and 3 bucks and seen 12 deer total. One little spike, one little fork, and another that would probably score 90" or so are the bucks that I let go by. It felt damn good to be out for the 1st time this year!!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:24 AM

hey guys quick update. Hunted MD this week, passed on 3 small bucks, all under 100". However I did tag out two nice doe for the freezer. Had one shooter buck come in but never came close enough for a shot. Spent the 2nd half of the week video taping for a close friend. Farmer harvested the fields surrounding the property which seemed to have cooled off the funnels leading to the fields. But we are still spotting good bucks close just trying to seal the deal yet. Good luck guys keep after them.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PABuckbuster12

hey guys quick update. Hunted MD this week, passed on 3 small bucks, all under 100". However I did tag out two nice doe for the freezer. Had one shooter buck come in but never came close enough for a shot. Spent the 2nd half of the week video taping for a close friend. Farmer harvested the fields surrounding the property which seemed to have cooled off the funnels leading to the fields. But we are still spotting good bucks close just trying to seal the deal yet. Good luck guys keep after them.
Don't listen to him fellas there's no deer on that property, or even in the surrounding area.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:04 PM

no worries guys no more filming after the comments above, huntingbry is on his own. I was farting all day anyway so he wouldnt shoot anything. What are friends for haha
Old 09-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shcultz- Good Luck man, Keep at it, dont forget us a doe for the other place. And man I cant wait for that feeling to be in a tree again. 2 more weeks for me[:@]

PABuck- Wheres the doe pics man? Keep at it your season aint even getting warmed yet.

Anybody else out there? Hows your season going Kyle?
Old 09-22-2008, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, I haven't been able to get out as much as I've wanted.

Last sat I jumped two off the food plot walking in (couple fawns), and I also jumped two coming out (same plot), I'm guessing Momma was with that time. Deer movement has been minimal, it's been pretty warm here. Back at it on Friday night.

Head to Montana the third!
Old 09-23-2008, 12:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

don't forget us a doe for the other place
The bad thing Is I only get one tag for the area I hunt In. I do plan on heading up to my dad's place before season's end (12-31-08) and hopefully get a crack at a doe up there. I won't be shooting any doe's around here until late December If I don't have any luck shooting myself a decent buck. These one tag states/area's suck!![:@]
Old 09-23-2008, 01:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh man, that does suck.... Why is that exactly? Not dense enough of a population or what?
Old 09-23-2008, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PABuckbuster12

no worries guys no more filming after the comments above, huntingbry is on his own. I was farting all day anyway so he wouldnt shoot anything. What are friends for haha
With a cameraman that doubles as an ass blaster I may be better on my own. LOL

Good luck fellas, just not too much.

Quick Reply: Official Team The Horse Tamers Thread (14)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.