Community
2007 HNI 5-Spot League Questions, comments, concerns, and trash-talk about the 2007 5-Spot league go here!

What order?

Old 02-01-2007, 10:26 AM

Default RE: What order?

ORIGINAL: Rick James

I am not 100% but I believe you can actually shoot them in any order, or even multiple arrows at a single spot if you wish. This is for 5 spot only though. NAA makes you shoot a 3 spot vegas face in numbered order I believe.
You can shoot any order you want but only one at each spot; the second shaft to hit a single spot counts as a 0. I used to remember having index marks at the edge of the paper near each spot (so when you pull up with a scope you can find the index mark at the corner of the paper and know which spot you're on) and God forbid that you draw up on your neighbor's target!! I've seen it happen. Just a hazard of shooting 6x and 8x scopes.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

You can shoot any order you want but only one at each spot; the second shaft to hit a single spot counts as a 0. I used to remember having index marks at the edge of the paper near each spot (so when you pull up with a scope you can find the index mark at the corner of the paper and know which spot you're on) and God forbid that you draw up on your neighbor's target!! I've seen it happen. Just a hazard of shooting 6x and 8x scopes.
Actually I double checked just now and NFAA will allow you shoot as many as you want into a single spot on a 5 spot target, this was a rule change in the 05/06 season.I remember this because last year in Louisville, Dave Cousins was PO'd about a bad line call that knocked him out of the shootoff and ended up shooting his last end like this just for giggles. It was scored as a 25-5x end and all 5 of his fat 2613's were scored as inside out on the X ring.........

Old 02-01-2007, 12:09 PM

Thanks Matt! That's good info. Glad to see that things have changed on that. I remember a couple guys that suffered some serious heartache after accidentally putting two shots on one spot and loosing with a 295 even though they shot a 300. The biggest blunder though was when a guy shot the wrong target[:@][:'(].

Hmmm... I never drop a shot on the center bull or the LL and my skinny 1916's all fit nicely in the 'x', something to think about for next week. I'd have to order more X10 nocks though...
Old 02-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

TL;TR;CT;LR;LL
yep
Old 02-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

top left, top right, lower right, lower left, center.....

for whatever reason, the lower right target kills me. Of the 6pts I dropped last night, 4 of them came from the lower right spot!!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 12:15 PM

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

TL, TR, BR, BL, C (clockwise)
DITTO!
Old 02-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

BR,BL,TL,TR,C
Old 02-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Host of Hosts

TL,TR,C,LL,LR
Old 02-10-2007, 07:38 PM

So am I correct in thinking that I can shoot all 60 arrows at one spot on the target face?

If thats the case I may try that next week, see if I score any better/worse because of it.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:39 PM

Nope. Read the rules son. 1 shot at each of the 5 targets.....

Quick Reply: What order?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.