Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

48-Official Team Whack'Em and TRACK'Em Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 48-Official Team 48 Thread

Hey fellas. Quick update from my last 2 days of being in the woods. Yesterday was very windy all day. It rained most of the morning. I only saw a few deer. This morning was cold and windy. I had a deer walk behind me right before daylight. It acted like a buck but it was about 10 minutes too early. Anyways, I didn't stay in that stand long because a fella that lives close by decided he wanted to blow his leaves at 7:15 this morning!! [:@] I decided to get down and drive over to my other property about 20 minutes away. I saw a spike and a doe on the way in but nothing once in the tree. This afternoon around 5 the deer were on there feet. I had decided, since I've been passing so many does, that if a buck didn't show that I was going nanny wackin! I had two does come in around 5:15 or so. They were acting funny but there wasn't anything behind them. After a few minutes they finally came on in. I couldn't get to full draw because they were so close. Finally I came to full draw as the bigger doe was moving to my left. She decided that now she wanted to go to my right. All the while I'm still hold full draw. She acts like she's gonna take off so I stop her with a soft "mah." My muzzy did the rest.She ran down the hill snow plow style!! She made it about 30 yards and was done. I stayed in the tree till dark and still had deer all over. One of the last to come in was a buck, I think. I heard what sounded like antlers brushing against tree limbs as he walked. He stayed in the thick stuff until it was too dark. Then I got down and I heard probably 4 or 5 running off. Hopefully they'll be back in the morning! That's 3 does on the dirt so I'm done with them for a while! I'll post some pics of her tomorrow. Good luck fellas!!!
Old 11-17-2007, 02:52 AM

Congrats Dave and Don..any word on a score yet on that buck? Work has been very hectic so hunting has been reserved to weekends for a little while. Getting ready to finish my coffee then I'm heading to one of my properties for a morning stand. Gotta replace cabinets in my parents kitchen during the day, then hunt their 12 acres in afternoon. Good luck to everyone!!!!
Old 11-17-2007, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations on you THIRD doe kill! Good luck with your hunt tomorrow! Whack'em and Track'em!!!
Old 11-18-2007, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dave, I took the same approach, I went up to Jeff's yesterday and whacked a beauty of a doe -I couldn't hunt either of my other two spots
Fellow's
Not seeing any shooter bucks - and my days will be limited from hear on out, I got a new Hoyt Bow last week - my commander had a few issues unfortunately - soI wnated to break that in as well- few more days - keep after em

good luck fellows
Old 11-18-2007, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mydad and Iwent out hunting for a littlewhile in the morning. I saw 3 does, all withineasy shooting distance (20 yards). But I couldn't shoot because it was gun season and you can only shoot 1 buck in gun season, no does.[>:]I didhave fun watching them though.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter

Mydad and Iwent out hunting for a littlewhile in the morning. I saw 3 does, all withineasy shooting distance (20 yards). But I couldn't shoot because it was gun season and you can only shoot 1 buck in gun season, no does.[>:]I didhave fun watching them though.
P.S. I had my bow with me...
Old 11-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

P.S. I had my bow with me...
You better have!!!

Well nothing exiting to share about yesterday. I passed on a doe in the morning. In the afternoon I went with my girl to her parents farm. I have seen good sign but nothing showed up. Oh well.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Brknarrow1970

Dave, I took the same approach, I went up to Jeff's yesterday and whacked a beauty of a doe -I couldn't hunt either of my other two spots
Fellow's
Not seeing any shooter bucks - and my days will be limited from hear on out, I got a new Hoyt Bow last week - my commander had a few issues unfortunately - soI wnated to break that in as well- few more days - keep after em

good luck fellows
I saw that doe Frank. She's a pretty one!!
Old 11-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's the girl I shot on Saturday. I zoomed the camera too much but after trying a dozen times to get it right, I gave up. The arrow wentthrough her right shoulder and came out right just under the left shoulder. Clean pass through. She went about 30 yards.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:40 AM
Fork Horn

hey boys, got some good and some bad news to tell you all...well as u may know the 17th was the start of the wisconsin gun season and it was a damn fine mornin if u ask me...
well i was sittin by 5:45 and it didnt get within seeing light till about 6:30 and i wasnt seeing any activity but i was hearin shots all around me...uhhh i was so pissed but at about 7:15 my dream came true i heard a running deer so i looked to my left and realized 90 yards away was two does running the swamp line...i didnt think nothing of it, but then i looked behind them and realized holy **** theres a buck chasing them..oh boy i thought so i quickly threw my gun up and led him in my scope and boom! but hey hes still running so i found him again in my scope and at this time hes runner full tilt so i led him even more and Boom! and then i seen the does run off but no buck. i thought to myself oh man i missed this magnificent buck twice u got to be kiddin me, so i got down and went over to see if there was a dead buck and i looked and looked and nope go figure so i start making my way back when i heard russling in the leaves so i looked and the buck was laying dead twitching 100 yards from my stand.....WOW!!! i was so excited. i went up to it and realized it was bigger then i thought. its a 11 pointer with split brautines and is alittle over 17 inches inside and pretty massive.. so i gut him out thinkin this is my biggest buck ive ever shot im gonna get it mounted so i only cut up so far so i could cape it out. and then i realized he had a hole in his front leg almost at the belly...wow that looks like a broadhead hole to me only to find out this is the buck i shot with bow...telling by the camtrakker pics of it with my arrow hanging out of it. I thought man if only i could of shot it with bow i could of had my 142 3/8 inch 11 pointer on the board...man o man i was excited but then disapointed... by the way ill be posting some pictures of it as soon as i grab my camera from our cabin, which ill be going to tonight after i get some sleep...i just got off work and thought while im awake i mise awell tell yall about it...and ill have them pictures on asap

Quick Reply: 48-Official Team Whack'Em and TRACK'Em Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.