Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

48-Official Team Whack'Em and TRACK'Em Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 48-Official Team 48 Thread

ORIGINAL: gplant

I forgot to tell ya about my hunt this weekend. It sucked!!!!! Worst couple days I had all season. Seen 3 doe Friday afternoon in the pouring rain and not a single deer all day saturday or sunday. Im sure dogs ran them out.It takes a couple days to get them back when that happens.Im calling the dog catcher.I have talked to these people and they dont care. Now if something happens to them I will be the first person they blame so I'll get the law involved.I have seen them running my land and my friends landhalf doz times this season and its got to stop.[:@]
I hope you solve your dog problem.[:@]We had dogs runningour hunting land a couple of years ago. I know how they can run deer to exhaustion...[:@]
Old 11-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ohhh Don can we see some buck pictures please?!?!
Old 11-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NCRemington700

x2
Old 11-13-2007, 03:52 PM

ORIGINAL: NCRemington700

x3
Old 11-13-2007, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

I'm leaving town tomorrow through this Sunday to do some steelhead fishing up in the trib's near lake erie, so I will probably have to score him when I get back. May try to do it before hand, but we will see. Pic's aren't the greatest....had to set the camera on my pack and with only 10 second timer.....gotta act quick.
Here's the story....I will follow it with the pics.
I went to work Friday expecting to work a full day....didn't expect to hunt. I had the wife's car because my truck was in the shop to get a new O2 sensor, and most of my gear was in the back of it....my treestand, my scentlock suit, my calls, etc.....you name it. Friday at 2:00, my boss comes over and asks me why I'm not huntin..............CYA![8D] I stop at my house on the way home and grab my bow and my backpack. I figure I have about 2 hours to hunt. Just before I got to my spot, I remembered my extra gear still being in my truck. At this point, I don't have time to drive all over town.....the ruts on! So I decide to put on the long sleeve green shirt thats in my pack over everything, and hit the woods. Walked into my usual area and found a good place for a ground attack. Its now 4:00pm and I setup my stuff and got ready.......at this point I remembered I didn't have my deer calls. But ahah! I reached into my pack and pulled out the rattling horns. This should do it i thought. I rattled for I swear 5 minutes straight....clicking the tips, the follewed by loud cracks and thrashing in the leaves. I hear movement behing me in the leaves....something is coming fast. At 50 yards out, a catch a glmpse of horns so I reach for my bow. I could see he was a smaller buck, but the next day (Saaturday) is last day of archery....so I'm really considering taking this animal. Now our deer have to have 4 points to a side, so I have to be absolutely certain its legal. The buck continues a slow determined walk.....directly on a trail not 7-10 yards away. He's now stopped at around 12 yards broadside with his head & body behind a large tree. I figured, I will draw at this point and make the decision after I'm sure he's legal. So I draw back......seems like minutes......he takes 4 or 5 steps and I grunt at him with my mouth to stop him. I see that he's an 8 pointer.....he's legal. I anchor my kisser into the corner of my mouth and focus on the shot.....his leg forward exposing the heart and lungs......I can't pass up this opportunity....It's toooooo good. Thwack.....he doesn't know what hit him. The arrow passes clean trough. He stands there for 10 seconds.....shocked. Then he realizes he's hurt and makes a couple leaps....he's now 40 yards away or so............crash. He hits hard and doesn't move. Time to call the family.....its only 4:10pm.....I have been in the woods 10 minutes. I waited 20 minutes or so even though I knew he was down. Then I made my way over. He's a smaller buck, but under the circumstances....he's my best. It just goes to show that you don't always need all of your top of the line gear to get a buck......just a little luck. But you know what I say about Luck........"Luck is When Preparation Meets Opportunity". I put my camera on top of my pack....set the timer....and got a couple quick pictures. I just took a few more after I cleaned up the horns. Meat for the freezer and Points for the Score board. I will get the points up as soon as I can guys.

Good luck to you all.....let the arrows fly "Whack 'Em & Track 'Em". Don
Old 11-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

I cant' get the pics to post.....file sizes too large.....still trying.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

Maybe I can email the pics to someone, or you guys can help me post. File sizes are currently around 477k.....says they need to be 300k or less. Help.......LOL
Old 11-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

Ok....think I figured it out.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

Another one

Old 11-13-2007, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

Darn leaves......LOL.

Quick Reply: 48-Official Team Whack'Em and TRACK'Em Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.