Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

48-Official Team Whack'Em and TRACK'Em Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 48-Official Team 48 Thread

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter

I didn't get a shot at a deer today, but I did see a nice buck. A six pointer I think. But I couldn't shoot it because I've already used up my buck tag this muzzleloader season.[>:]
Where you hunting with your muzzleloader or your bow? You still have a buck tag for your bow right?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NCRemington700

I didn't get a shot at a deer today, but I did see a nice buck. A six pointer I think. But I couldn't shoot it because I've already used up my buck tag this muzzleloader season.[>:]
Where you hunting with your muzzleloader or your bow? You still have a buck tag for your bow right?
I was hunting with a muzzleloader, and I still have a buck tag for bow. Archery season starts this Saturday. I'll be able to shoot a buck then.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NCRemington700

I guess you can't use your bow during muzzleloader season? We couldn't either here in NC until this year. Once bow season comes in I can use it until deer season ends Jan 1.

I was hunting with a muzzleloader, and I still have a buck tag for bow. Archery season starts this Saturday. I'll be able to shoot a buck then.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:21 AM
Fork Horn

Alright fellas.....bone down! I busted a small 8-pt last night. Probably one of the smallest buck that I have taken, but considering the circumstances he was one of my best. You'll have to hear the story...... My guess is he's probably only going to score around 60 or so....only like an 11" spread. When I get a chance to score and post the pics I will. Only allowed to shoot one buck here in PA, so now I will be after does. Anyways more to come.......good luck fellas!
Old 11-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dmounts

Alright fellas.....bone down! I busted a small 8-pt last night. Probably one of the smallest buck that I have taken, but considering the circumstances he was one of my best. You'll have to hear the story...... My guess is he's probably only going to score around 60 or so....only like an 11" spread. When I get a chance to score and post the pics I will. Only allowed to shoot one buck here in PA, so now I will be after does. Anyways more to come.......good luck fellas!
Atta boy!! Can't wait to see the pics and hear the story!! Nice job!
Old 11-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations! I can't wait to hear the story! If you need help posting the pictures just e-mail me.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:40 AM

Congrats on your buck...can't wait to see the pics. Unfortunately family priorities have had to come first so no hunting for me this weekend.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

CONGRATS Don!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!! Lets see them pics!! He's a 8 with 11in he'll score better then you think.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well all I saw this weekend was a bunch of does. I know there's horn around because there are rubs everywhere...fresh ones. Its just a matter of time I hope. I'm off this Thursday and Friday so I can hunt 3 straight days. Maybe it will happen then!
Old 11-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

well fellows hunted hard Thr,Fri, Sat-

Seen a small 4 point Thursday afternoon -
Seen a couple of foxes Fri Am and then it was on
Seen a large buck 14-16 inches 40 yards away Fri afternoon - too thick to get off shot
Sat am seen a large 8 point chasing a doe at 8:45 am he was about 80 yards away in a cutover
Sat pm seen three different bucks chasing does - one nice 7 point but once again to far away for a shot - being really selective this year on bucks - so maybe this coming up weekend

good luck fellows

Quick Reply: 48-Official Team Whack'Em and TRACK'Em Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.