Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

48-Official Team Whack'Em and TRACK'Em Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 48-Official Team 48 Thread

Finally some cooler weather!!! Whoo Hooooo. I can hunt this afternoon and then I leave town on Friday. I'll be back at it on Monday...the warmest of the days OF COURSE!! This is MUCH better than the 90's!

[align=center][/align]
Old 10-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im going HUNTING!!!!! We got a little rain going on and its nice and cool. PERFECT!!!!!!! Have a good night guys, Talk to ya in the morning. Greg
Old 10-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep I'm not far behind you!! Stick em!!
Old 10-12-2007, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

So, how was your hunt's? Did you see any deer? I'll be able to head out to the woods this Sunday.Hopefully I'll see some BIG deer.

Mike
Old 10-12-2007, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guys I've got some bad news. I was in the stand yesterday after work. I did 3 sequences of grunts starting at about 6 pm. Around 6:30 a deer was coming to me. At first I thought it was the same small 6 pt that I've seen on several occasions. It turned out to be a BEAUTIFUL 8 pointer. By far the largest buck I've seen while hunting around here. He came in slow, obviously looking for the deer that was grunting. When he stepped behind a tree I raised my .45 cal muzzleloader and got ready(remember my bow is in the shop till Sunday). When he stepped from behind the tree, I shot. I could see him kick through the smoke and he ran down the hill with his right front leg not working. He stopped for about 5 seconds at the bottom of the hill and I was praying that he was going down...he didn't. He trotted off and I lost sight of him and I never heard him crash. I went back to my truck to gather my emotions and started my search. There was no blood or hair anywhere. I went down to where he stood at the bottom of the hill and found a little bit of blood. I tracked for a about 20 yards with VERY spotty blood. I decided to go to the house and get 2 more very bright flashlights. When I got back to the spot I found a few drops of blood. The blood was NOT dark red and bubbly. It was bright red and thick. Isn't this usually meat blood and not lung/heart? I found a spot where it looked like he had stood for a minute because there was a lot more blood than any other spot. The blood was definately dripping and not pouring out. About 10 yards past that is when the blood just stopped. I looked until past 10 pm last night and then again at daylight this morning. I'm crushed. I hope he makes hit because I hate the thought of an injured buck walking around. Due to the nature of the color/consistancy of the blood do ya'll think he'll make it? Unfortunatly I'm going out of town this afternoon and can't hunt again until Monday. I really hope he comes back so I can finish the job...assuming he's alive. One of my buddies thinks that even though the buck kicked and his leg was broken that he thinks it is a brisket hit. Help me out guys I fell like total sh*t.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

[>:]I'm sorry to hear that Dave. It sound like he'll be fine though. If you did shoot him in the leg, there should have been more blood. IMO.Hopefully you'llsee him again and be able to finish the job.

Mike
Old 10-12-2007, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man I hope I see him again. I didn't sleep well at all last night. I was replaying the shot over and over in my head. I know he's hurt I just hope he makes it a while longer and shows up so I can end any suffering.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deer are very tough animals! Look at this picture of a deer shot in the lung with an arrow. I'm sure your deer will be fine.

Mike

Old 10-12-2007, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I saw that picture but it looks kinda fake to me. Damn I hope that deer comes back...this sucks!!
Old 10-12-2007, 06:01 PM

Dave, grab a few friends and grid search the area as far as 1/4 mile away. I have shot many deer using a shotgun that bled very little externally and left almost no blood trail. They were all found with very hard work from very good friends. If I was closer I'd be there in a heartbeat...don't give up just yet!!!!

Quick Reply: 48-Official Team Whack'Em and TRACK'Em Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.