Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

48-Official Team Whack'Em and TRACK'Em Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 48-Official Team 48 Thread

Dave,

This is my first year in a bowhunting only club in Anson co, I think we can take guests at no charge and will look into - I just haven't had time to scout it properly - so gonna use the run and gun approach until I figure them out - let me knoe we can plan a day or two and go down-

I agree whats the score on your buck - ready for the weekend - a S####Y day at work for sure
Old 10-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowhunting only club sounds pretty cool. In theory that should allow the bucks to get a little larger. Plus maybe some of the SC bucks wandered over!! Do your scouting and find a few places and we'll take em out!! Do you stay overnight?

Greg, what's with the wait dude?!?!?!!?
Old 10-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well if I did it right it would be about 90.6/8. I not sure as what they score so I went with P&Y scoring with out the outside spread and the tip to tip spread it should be about that.If they do use it then it will be 18in more. When I seen him I only seen his left side and thougt he was a nice 8pt but hisright side was weak. He only had a G2 AND 3 G1's. The left side was all there.He is not a very big rack but Im happy with it.Like I said before,Im not shooting Doe's so I had to take one for meat.My best buck I think I told ya got hit by a truck sothe one I gotwas the next best one. The big boy that hangs in that area is still there but he has been spending 99% of his time on my friends land(next door) 180 acers.He's got corn and hay and all I had was beans and we just took them off so Its going to be tuff. In my other area I hunt during the rut is my big hope to score a big one.There are some Monsters in that area but very hard to hunt. I hope you guys do better then me!!!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you did it right. Hopefully the rest of us will connect on one soon. I wonder if we're ever gonna hear from the rest of our team???
Old 10-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its posted on the score card but I do not know how to post the pic. OH WELL.Anyone know how to do this????? Im going home,I'll talk to ya later. HAVE A GOOD NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Greg
Old 10-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

gplant, you can email the picture to me, I'll post it.

[email protected]
Old 10-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

[email protected]
I got it Christine, his picture is posted by 8pt on page 37, I just copied it over via the pic properties. Thanks for volunteering. You rock!

Old 10-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

[email protected]
I got it Christine, his picture is posted by 8pt on page 37, I just copied it over via the pic properties. Thanks for volunteering. You rock!
Thanks ya'll!!
Old 10-10-2007, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

So I just spoke to one of the guys at the pro shop that has my bow. I have to call him back at 11:30 to get the real scoop. He said they are going to have to order a new cam for it. The cam looks warped to the left, hence the reason my cable on the left is slipping of the roller on the left. [:@] So the weather is going to break tonight and it will be MUCH cooler tomorrow. I think I'll take my muzzleloader out with me tomorrow. If the big boy shows up that would be quite something. I really wanna kill a good buck with my bow but I don't know if I could pass one up the the smokepole either. Decisions, decesions.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dave, You guys can hunt with blackpowder now???? Can they not pull a cam off another bow to get you hunting. When I had the shop we would do anything to get a customer back in the woods. I have even set up one of my bows and let them use it(reg customers)untill we got theirs fixed.But thats the difference between a good shop and a Great shop and we where the best in my opine.But today there are so many bowhunters its all about the money.Going the extra mile for a customer seems to be a thing of the past.They could pull a cam and have one next day shipped if they wanted to.I would ask if they could.NOTHING TO LOSS. Greg

Quick Reply: 48-Official Team Whack'Em and TRACK'Em Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.