Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

48-Official Team Whack'Em and TRACK'Em Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 48-Official Team 48 Thread

I was thinkin the Lung Busters for a name and by the way ill be hunting in WI baby!!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter

Do you like the NAP Spitfire broadheads? I usually use Wasp broadheads, but this year I wanted to try a mechanical head. They are suppose to fly like field points. Do they???
i dont no ive usually been with the muzzys but this year i switched to the rage and i noticed they shoot just like my field points so far so good.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I almost bought the Rage over the Spitfire. The reason I didn't was one, the sporting goods owner said he thought they worked better than the Rage, and two, The Rage needs "O" rings.. Whereas the Spitfires don't need any "O" rings, and like most mechanical broadheads, they fly like field points.But if the Rage works for you thats great!Have you ever shot any deer with your Rage broadheads? The 2in. model makes a nice hole!
Old 09-11-2007, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well fellas I tried to post a hunting update last night but it wouldn't let me log in. I went to the woods yesterday after work and had several deer come in a last light. They came down the hill towards my stand and I was afraid they were going to wind me since they came in down wind. Luckily my Dead Down Wind worked pretty well. One of them was very suspicous that something wasn't right. Even with my binos I couldn't tell if they were does or small bucks so I didn't want to shoot if I was unsure. There were 2 or 3 of them to begin with. Finally at about 8:00 I decided I needed to get down, eventhough there were still deer within about 10-15 yards of me...I know, I know I should have stayed in the stand but I really was all that concerned about scaring off young deer. Anyways, so when I went to get down they took off. Apparently there were more than 2 or 3 because it sounded like a herd of them ran off. It's so hard to hear down here in the south late in the evening b/c of the loud ass june bugs. I'm thinking there were 6-8 that were holed up about 30 yards out that I never knew where there. Too bad I can't hunt again until Saturday b/c I have to go to the beach for the rest of the week to fish!! Tough huh? I'd rather be in a stand though!!
Old 09-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not been able to post. Hope it works now. Here we go.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok I hope this last's. Seen the big boy again this weekend so Im pumped. Put up another stand so I should be set. Now its a waiting game and its driving me nuts!!!!! Hows things going with you guys . Do we have a full team? Avatar looks cool. What do you think? So what kind of rigs are you guys using this year. Greg
Old 09-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I keep getting booted when I try and post!!
Old 09-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NCRemington700

I keep getting booted when I try and post!!
Try deleting all the cookies and temporary Internet files. To do this, go to "Tools", then Internet options. Then delete cookies and temporary Internet files.It worked for me when I was getting kicked off.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gplant

Ok I hope this last's. Seen the big boy again this weekend so Im pumped. Put up another stand so I should be set. Now its a waiting game and its driving me nuts!!!!! Hows things going with you guys . Do we have a full team? Avatar looks cool. What do you think? So what kind of rigs are you guys using this year. Greg
I'm using a Parker Ultra Lite 31left hand compound bow with Tru-Glo Micro Adjust sights. Quad hunter arrow rest and a dozen carbon Easton Power Flight arrows (8.4gpi), fletched right helical (by me). The broadheads that I'm using are 100 grain Spitfire broadheads...

Bring on the deer!!!!

Old 09-12-2007, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im going out with the AR35(I love this bow)with Sword Accusite Micro,Trophy Taker,Carbon Doinker,X-weave Arrows. I have a couple differant broadheads not sure if I'll go with Muzzy 100,Rocket 75,or the Striker 100.Back up bow X-Force-6 same set up as the AR but it has a Vipor sight.This is my Comp bow. So whats going on out in the woods?ANY LUCK YET?? Greg

Quick Reply: 48-Official Team Whack'Em and TRACK'Em Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.