Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 05-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

Good news from the hunting grounds. My neighbour was in his office looking at all the deer in the back yard out of 9 deer 4 of them had antlers growing already. 1 of them was that 10 point from last year he was already splitting of brow tines. I'm going up this weekend and going to get the rest of the food plots done. I hope planting this early will give them good protein early and help with antler growth. Most of the plots will more than likeley have to be replanted in September. Good luck with the turkeys I might see if there is any over the counter tags left.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Made it back from the hunting grounds got the food plots done now it's just a waiting game.My wife and I drove up seperatly she didn't get up there until after dark on Friday night. On saturday morning she asked me to get some stuff out of her car and when I closed the door the back window shattered out. After the shock we looked at the car and someone shot the car.Talk about being scared my daughter was sitting in the back seat. Thankfully the bullet didn't make it inside the car.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh my god man thats crazy! Thank goodness no one was injured, i dont see how any of this could happen![:@]
Old 05-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Holy crap Dan! That's nuts! Did you ever find where the bullet came to rest?
Old 05-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's still in the trunk lid. When I take it into the body shop I'll did it out.

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Holy crap Dan! That's nuts! Did you ever find where the bullet came to rest?
Old 05-14-2008, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Dan - what did you plant in your foodplots?

If I know you, I'm guessing that you put some research into it - and didn't just go to Agway and buy a few sacks of clover. Just wondering what you planted, and your reasoning behind it.

Jason - how's the pregnancy coming along?

Man, I don't know what I'm gonna do... My summer usually consists of a couple-hundred miles of driving every week, just going from area-to-area to glass deer in the evenings, and spotting at nighttime. But the price of gas is really putting the $queeze on my disposable income. This blows.

This will officially be the first time that gas prices have had an actual impact on my lifestyle - and it really bothers me.

Hopefully, my law license will come sometime before bow season, and I can get into a little more money. Otherwise, I don't know how I'm gonna afford the gas to drive all the way out to Ohio 2x per week.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

We went with 1/2 acre of oats, 1/2 acre of soybeans. 2 acres of alfalfa. 1/4 acre of hot spot. The soy beans and the oats will be gone before July so we will replant the oats and go with turnips for fall.
We also have 2 1/2 acre plots that we didn't touch yet because the clover was coming in strong from last year.There also was some chickory mixed in and they hit that as soon as it came out. I will till and plant those 2 plots in fall.More than likely on labor day weekend.

Your right gas prices suck. Instead of driving up north on Friday and coming back on Sunday I 'm going to take Friday and Monday off.It's cutting into my play time. Then you got gas for the atv's and tractors.I guess I'm going to have to not go to the strip joint anymore.Who am I kindding I'll stop eating first.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Things are going good. Wife is keeping me busy with all types of little projects around the house. Trying not to complain to much so I can gain a few brownie points for hunting season...

I agree gas prices really suck! What I did last year was put a few bucks out of my checks away before hunting season so I could hunt more 'freely'. Last year, there were several weeks that I was spending over $150 just on gas to ... Wife would have had a fit if she saw that much money coming out of our joint account for gas. This year I may do some longer hunts and not as many morning & evening hunts (on the same day), at least for early season...

Doesn't help my cause that these stupid little bills keep popping up... My DLP blew out it's lamp the other night... Crap, even if I rebuild it myself, it's still $170 for the lamp!!! At least it's not football season!
Old 05-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gentlemen.. how are we?

I do have to admit.. the season will be different for myself as well with the looming high gas prices. It's not that I don't have the money.. I just won't spend it on hunting if it means taking away from our savings money.. that's not cool.

Everybody shooting again.. trimming tree's.. setting cameras? Haven't seen an antlered deer yet.. but I imagine I will within a few weeks or so.

Have a good one gents.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I must say that i am the lucky one here, my hunting grounds are only 10 miles from my house, so the price of fuel really dont bother me that much, i might spend and extra ten bucks a week on gas now with the prices going up, so thats not too bad. Gotta admit that i really havnt started my preparations for deer season yet, last day of classes for me is tomorrow, so after that ive got 3.5 months off to work and get my deer stuff all ready to rock. Ive got plans and lots of good ideasthough boys, it will be a good year!

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.