Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 04-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

Fran Congrat's on the bar exam. I can see your new car already BMW with a bick buck sticker in the window.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the kind words guys. Duke - if you ever get yourself into hot water in PA, I'll represent you Pro Bono, buddy. I can't make any guarantees about the results, but I'll give it a go. LOL

Maybe sometime in the future, the Dark Horses can get together and do some hunting.

Any of you guys doing any turkey hunting this spring?

I think I'm ordering a video camera in 2 weeks, so hopefully I can get some good deer/turkey/groundhog footage to entertain you guys over the coming year. It's just a cheapie, but it's good enough for what I need.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya.. Fran.. I've needed a attorney a time or two when I was a younger man and full of piss and vinegar.

I've grown out of it these days.. but I always enjoyed a little Tom-foolery now and then.

As far as myself.. I'm not a big turkey hunter. I spend so much time in the deer woods I can never really find the time to take it up. Maybe someday.

All you guys on the team who do hunt the big birds.. good luck. Post some pics if any get one.

Oh.. and cool deal on getting the camera Fran. It's alot of fun to film.. but a real pain in the arse sometimes.

Anyone finding any real good sheds?
Old 04-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Any of you guys doing any turkey hunting this spring?
I'm doing some turkey hunting this year... Not sure how much time I'll have to get out, but hopefully at least a couple of times...

The season actually opens up here this weekend. So I hope to get out at least Sat or Sun. Probably won't be much to tell but I'll keep you posted.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mike - glad you got it all out of your system early-on. Some people never learn! It was criminal court week at the courthouse this week. You should see that! You just kinda stroll in there and see the inmates being led around, and it's like "whoa." Call Jerry Springer.

And just 2 sheds for methis year. Terrible. I guess I've been focusing more on finding new hunting areas than I have been actuallyscouting areas that I'm familiar with.

Jason - good luck with the turkeys! U just hunting turks in SD, or do you have any NR licenses?

And Al - I know you'll be out there! Good luck to you too. Did you everbuy your PA NR tag?

Mike - you'd probably enjoy turkey hunting if you ever gave it a go. It's tough at first, b/c you've gotta master a call (easier said than done), but after that - it's smooth sailing.

Dan - did you guys ever find the matching shed yet?
Old 04-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jason - good luck with the turkeys! U just hunting turks in SD, or do you have any NR licenses?
Yeah, just SD... We'll see how it goes...
Old 04-09-2008, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dan - did you guys ever find the matching shed yet?
No not yet. I haven't been up there since the snow left.I hope to get up there this weekend but it looks like crappy weather.

Turkeys aren't my thing. Too many ticks in the woods that time of year. I always forget to put in for my turkey permit.It falls in Dec. bad month for me to remember anything.

For a group hunt I would up for it if time permits I have to go to China in October.So I'm going to be limited on what I can do.Speed Goats out by Jason sounds fun.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

you bet i'll be out there, never did get around to get my PA NR tag, just bought a new truck and really couldnt justify spending the money right now, next year though hopefully. Heres a few videos i have done so far this year....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foQDyvXCi88

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IMmreS_BkU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhu-nI7sd2E

enjoy! haha
Old 04-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would love to do a team speed goat hunt! I think it would be a blast - great time of the year to camp out as well - which would help cut cost... I do have some new developments that may affect the times that would work for me... My wife and I are expecting (it will be our first) Sep 28.... Archery speed goat season does actually start in August (last year it was Aug 18), so if it's earlier in the season, I may be able to go... Just depends on how everything is going....

How many people would be interested? And what dates would work for everyone? I would like to find enough private ground to hunt if possible... Probably sit waterholes I'm guessing....

Mon. Sep 1 is Labor day.... So if we did it around that weekend/timeframe most of us would have a day off that we wouldn't have to worry about vacation for - kinda a 'free' day??
Old 04-10-2008, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jason - congrats on the baby, buddy.

As it stands right now - I will have one full week of vacation time to hunt, and I'm taking it in early November in Ohio.

If, however, I get licensed earlier than expected - and start job shopping, there's a chance that I might be able to score an extra week or so. But right now, I have no extra vacation time to spend. I blew it all already studying for the Bar Exam. Kick in the nuts.

Al - nice videos! I'm getting amped for spring turkeys. I wasn't too excited before, but I've been out doing some calling while shed hunting, and the birds are really responsive. So that's really making me want to get out there.

Dan - if I lived in an area that was loaded with ticks - I'd maybe have a different opinion of turkey season too. I'm scared to death of ticks. We don't have too many around here - you might pick off a few every year, but you never really get covered in them. Hunting during the mosquito hatch can be a real nuisance though. And those damn deer keds are horrible.

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.