Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 01-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

Al - the spring schedule sounds awesome buddy. That'll give you lots of time to pick out a big tom. And chase women.

Well guys, I think it's all over but the crying. Looks like we'll be the team-to-beat in '08. Start scouting now - because Coach Holtz says that the offseason training program is the building block to a second national title.

Old 01-17-2008, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure about coach Holtz...

but my Illinois season officially ends today, January 17th. The 2008 season begins tomorrow..

I'm checking out 2 new pieces with Justin for next season this last weekend of January.. There both about 5 hours from home.. but you do what you have too.

Update on my shed season.. I'm up to 4 now.. and one dead buck..[&:]

Oh.. and thanks for the input Dan. I think I'll try the oats this year.. if I can convince Justin to agree.

The Dark Horses shall rise again. Repeat anyone?
Old 01-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey mike,

I made two food plots late last summer and decided to just throw oats into them because they were cheap and came up fairly quick. I was amazed how much the deer responded to the new food source in the area. Big props to them oats!
Old 01-18-2008, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fran when can we start smack talking about the future win? You have been on a winning team before just an etiquette question.

Mike beat Justin over the head until he gives in to the oats. I'am going to plant the 3 shooting lanes I got cut behind my cabin with them. It makes for some good entertainment in August.(having a couple of beer's and watching deer.)

I can't make it up there until 02/08/08 to start looking for sheds. The wife is taking her girlfriends up there next weekend. I told the neighbor to put the trail cam in the cabin maybe we can get some good pics.

I got alot of work I have to get done when I go up. I have to clear cut about 3 acres of swamp the Dnr wants me to replant hardwoods. I have to build a bridge across the swamp and I'am going to start working on the new property( I haven't sealed the deal yet but we are close.)

Good luck shed hunting and post the pics of what you find.The Pict below is of the sheds I found last year. I saw this deer once in 2006 and I saw him twice in 2007. So I bought a head and put the horns on. These are like a once in a lifetime find for me. In the pic I was still in the process of placing the antlers that is why you see that blob of hair.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think the fat lady has sung........we're out of hope. It appears all of our guys are done for the season.

Jelen couldn't find a mature buck, but he and 2 of my teammates passed 2.5yr old bucks that woulda, shoulda , coulda.
Oh well.

Congrats guys!
Old 01-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Typical Buck

Great season guys!! Congratulations!! We almost pulled it out.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the kind words guys. It was a fun season, with a tight finish in the contest at the wire.

Dan - I think we're clear for smacktalking. You can't ask me about contest etiquette, I was declaring victory and rubbing salt in the wounds all the way back in November. LOL
Old 01-19-2008, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd say the fat lady has sung...

CONGRATS TO THE CHAMPS!!

now that it's obvious we have a winner,the 2008 smack season is now officialy in....

Enjoy it for now, It'll be a short year

Old 01-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

DARK Horses Win!!!!!!! were riding high in the saddle now boys
Old 01-20-2008, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well gents... congratulation's to US!

My Illinois season just recently ended.. and I'm already preparing for this upcoming 2008... I'm seriously more excited for this season than any other. I just heard Wisc. will most likely be leaving out earn-a-buck in the zone I public land hunt.. which is excellent. It's not that I'm opposed to taking doe's.. I regularly shoot 1 or 2 every year (3 this year) it's that I only hunt the early Wisconsin season which opens in mid-September. So I have about 3 weeks to drop a buck on public ground QUICK! As many of you may recall I had bucks all over me last September.. but NO tag!![:@]

WHICH IS WHY I'M EXCITED AS HAITI'S TO HEAR THIS NEWS (if its true)!

I'm headed to Pike county, Illinois this weekend to check out 2 locations that Justin and I will choose from and possibly lease. I'll keep you all updated.

Congrats gentlemen. I think we can do this again.. I really do. We were Dark Horses from the beginning.. the "sleepers" from day 1. I think we got a great group of hunters who know how to get it done. This should be a good off season.. and a great 2008 bowhunting season.

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.